As an Operational Analyst within Roke you will have the opportunity to help deliver a broad range of complex and challenging technical programmes within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will work closely alongside our defence clients to ensure that innovative and effective solutions are developed for the UK armed forces.
Roke provides technology innovation and consultancy to a variety of military users and are seeking talented analysts to support our growing team of specialists working on future military communication systems.
What will your role look like?
As an Operational Analyst you will have a key role in gathering evidence to support procurement decisions within Defence. This could range from quantitative modelling, through to facilitated workshops with stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts. You will also be expected to contribute to:
- Solving a variety of 'hands on' technical challenges, using a range of techniques from soft to hard OA methods
- Problem structuring, designing and implementing assessment frameworks and linking these to data generation activities involving a variety of tools, techniques, models and methods
- Thought Leadership, developing new and innovative concepts and approaches
- Technical Leadership and delivery of projects, including the generation and delivery of reports, presentations and briefing packs
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Building client relationships and supporting bidding activities to win new business
- Sharing your skills and knowledge with colleagues and clients
What do we expect from you?
- A minimum of 2:1 bachelor's degree in Maths, Physics, Economics or other related discipline
- A proven track record in stakeholder engagement, both internal and external
- Experience of designing and implementing Assessment Frameworks, workshop facilitation, generation of evidence-based outputs to support Business Cases and business-level decision-making processes
- Experience of undertaking Combined Operational Effectiveness and Investment Appraisals
- Previous experience of contributing to an Operational Analysis Supporting Paper
- Understanding of the requirements of JSP 507 (Investment Appraisal and Evaluation) and JSP 655 (Defence Investment Approvals)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to summarise, write and deliver clear and concise technical documents
- Experience in a Customer facing role
- Knowledge and understanding of Military Communications and Information Systems (CIS) within the Military Deployed Tactical Environment
- Experience in the development of Concepts of Analysis
- Knowledge of methods for handling risk and uncertainty
What can we offer in return?
We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, an employee assistance program and a contributory pension that will enable you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance and dental care.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, innovative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements; support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.