This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Digital Security Specialist Senior -Security Clearance: SC ClearanceInterview Process: 1 hour interview face-to-face including a test -
Contract Length: 6 months with strong possibility of extension
IR35: Out of scope
Minimum Requirement: Penetration Tester - Ideal certification would be Check Team Leader. Would Accept Check Team Member. Must have minimum 5 years' experience, can accept 3 years if the candidate has the right skillset/knowledge
JOB DESCRIPTION BELOW:
This role is part of a small team of security operations engineers who provide independent security testing of the Government products and services.
You will conduct hands-on technical assessments and reviews of our estate, and of key suppliers, acting as an attacker might to test our defences and incident response processes. You will be familiar with exploitation of a wide range of technologies, from classic enterprise IT (on-prem, Windows, *nix, line of business applications) to modern digital services, as well as ways to combine multiple types of attack (physical, process etc) to achieve your desired goal.
Your work will be primarily based around scenario-based testing, but will also include deep-dives onto specific products, projects and datasets as identified by Cyber Security Risk Managers as being particularly interesting. You will also collaborate with Cyber Security Consultants to inform their protective security work. You will work closely with our Blue Team to identify potential mitigations and address discovered issues.
You will collaborate with third party security suppliers of penetration testing services, ensuring their work is sensibly-scoped, of a suitable quality, and provides value for money to the department.
*Real-world cyber security testing of products, services and systems across the Government Body. Adopting a red team approach, working across traditional scope boundaries to find the real risks to our information and people, and probing our defensive mechanisms to see how they react.
*Communication of team findings to stakeholders in a clear and actionable fashion, focussing on real-world impact and with pragmatic options for resolution.
*Development and implementation of tools and techniques to automate as much of the team's 'basic' work as possible, providing continuous assurance that systems are protected against common threats.
*Developing and mentoring junior Red Team members to improve their skills and capabilities, along with wider knowledge transfer to other security and non-security teams to help build a culture of cyber security in the department
Skills and Experience
- Good penetration testing skills relevant to red team activities, such as:
*Open source intelligence analysis and assessments
*Infrastructure penetration testing
*Web application penetration testing
*Mobile application penetration testing
- Strong knowledge of the security of Windows and Linux operating systems, networking and related technologies, including how they are deployed at-scale in complex legacy environments.
- Experience with common security tools, including Nmap, Metasploit, Kali Linux, Nessus, Burp Suite Pro etc, for offensive security testing of real-world networks and services.
- Enabling and informing risk based decisions - Works with risk advisors to advise and give feedback. Advise on risk impact. Propose realistic and pragmatic mitigations that address these problems, and work with the product / project team to implement these effectively into their work.
- Research and development experience, building and automating common red team processes and activities.
- Knowledge of security architectures, in particular for modern digital services, including how they are developed and operated at scale. To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.comComputer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales