Further details and required skills:
- Expert knowledge of network administration on Cisco and F5 platforms
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in multiple Cisco routing, switching and security technologies with a strong background in Cisco ASA and Cisco Nexus.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Firepower IDS
- Demonstrable experience of network performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of Barclays infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Cisco CCNP - Routing and Switching
- Cisco CCNP - Security OR CheckPoint CCSA
- Configure and troubleshoot F5 LTM & GTM
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Understanding of and extensive experience with Solarwinds and similar network monitoring & configuration tools
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of F5 iRules and iApps.
- Good understanding and troubleshooting skills for dynamic routing protocols like OSPF & BGP
- As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in The Logic Group premises in Fleet or in various data centre environments.
- ll technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on call rota.
CyberArk, Linux, Storage with DBA skill