|Listed on:||1st April|
|Salary/Rate:||£25,000 - £35,000|
|Contact Name:||We Predict|
Network Administrator - IT
We Predict Ltd - Swansea, UK
£25,000 - £35,000
About This Job:
We Predict use predictive analytics to help brands forecast the future. Our key strategic project Deepview, examines data on repair frequency from various industries to predict how automotive components compare across competitors.
We place the utmost importance on protecting that data in the most robust way possible. That's where you come in.
We're looking for a highly motivated network administrator with a knack for security monitoring, incident response, and detection skills. You'll protect We Predict's information and infrastructure by maintaining, upgrading and monitoring network performance.
We're looking for innovative thinkers to join our fun-loving team. We've paid careful attention to how we like to work together and created an informal working environment with a healthy work-life balance as part of our DNA. Our ethos is simple, we find incredibly talented people to join the team and give them
the scope and autonomy to do amazing things.
Responsibilities of Role:
- Maintain, improve and grow our business network across on-site and cloud environments.
- Plan and execute the selection, budgeting, licensing, installation and maintenance of software and hardware used by the business.
- Overseeing all connections, firewalls, patches, user account security and virus software to ensure a secure healthy network.
- Security and encryption of any portable assets and administration of mobile device policies.
- Ensure that server and network infrastructure can support large volume and high I/O data analysis.
- Interacting with clients to facilitate secure data transfer.
- Ensure business continuity by improving and maintaining equipment, backups and disaster recovery processes.
- Define, document and maintain policies and procedures as the network evolves.
- Support internal and external users with any software, hardware and network issues.
- Any other duties as required by the business.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
IT and Technical Skills:
- Comprehensive understanding of IT and network configuration.
- Track record of managing networks independently and with experience of tackling a complex range of problems with an ability to take the lead.
- Exercising necessary care with server and data security.
- Practical experience of Windows and Active Directory.
- Agility to transfer basic skills in one technology and apply it to new technologies.
- Windows Operating Systems.
- Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Network Equipment, Routing and Infrastructure.
- Network Security and Remote Access.
- Cloud Services (Azure, AWS, CloudBerry, etc.).
- Software Development & Database Experience.
- Working knowledge of Data Protection considerations and regulations.
To qualify, you should be able to combine independent thinking with problem solving skills. You will also need to work well as part of a team and have a flexible and agile approach to your work.
- Demonstrable passion for new technology and it's benefits for customers and users.
- Taking responsibility for your own actions.
- With a problem solving approach to uncover root causes of an issue and an ability to lead others through problem solving challenges.
- Communicate complex issues in a clear and concise way both verbally and in writing.
- Adaptable and flexible, with an ability to manage a demanding workload and remain composed in high pressure situations.
What to Expect When You Apply:
Candidates interested in applying for this role will be asked to complete a short test to help us assess your suitability. We will keep you updated throughout the process. We respect your time and appreciate your investment in our recruitment process.
If you are passionate about technology and excited by the idea of joining an industry-leading predictive analytics company, we'd love to hear from you.