About the Role
NPL are implementing a Digital Modernisation transformation programme with the following 5 key strategic themes:
- Digital Customer Experience - ensuring our engagement and delivery to customers, partners, and stakeholders is digital by default
- Digitally Enabled Organisation - ensuring our organisation harnesses the benefits of digital technology and uses data smartly
- Digitally Empowered Workforce - ensuring our staff are supported to work digitally with confidence and competence
- Digital Governance and Knowledge Management - ensuring we manage our knowledge effectively and exploit the potential of digital to drive decision-making
- Digital Infrastructure - ensuring that we lay the right foundations to support a truly digital organisation
Responsible for the management of all end-to-end test activities relating to system delivery, owning the strategy and leading its implementation within the Transformation Programme.
Areas of focus:
- Ensure that quality is being built into the service by providing Quality Assurance leadership to the product/application teams.
- Act as a point of escalation for the test team and mitigates project risks with Project Managers and stakeholders.
- Develop test strategy and relevant plans.
- Manage testing activities across System Integration, User Acceptance, Penetration, Operational Readiness and Post Implementation Testing.
- Incorporate and manage testing against functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensure visibility, traceability, and control of testing process to deliver high-quality software.
- Support management of Test Environments.
- Ensure the team have access to the relevant people, test tools and frameworks.
- Review test standards and procedures to optimise test delivery.
- Ensure collaboration through partnership with the development, infrastructure and support teams within the NPL IT Services department.
- Lead Test engagement with 3rd parties where project delivery is highly reliant on outsourced teams.
- Mentor the testing community.
- Work with the entire project team to share Quality Assurance best practice and encourage everyone in the team to think about ‘quality'.
- Engage with internal and external testing communities to ensure they learn from, and contribute to, developing industry practices.
- Proven track record of Test Management responsibilities across a diverse/complex portfolio of IT systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft technology stack and Azure DevOps
- Detailed knowledge of both manual and automated testing methods.
- Able to communicate defects or trends clearly to software developers, outlining how defects are identified and possible causes.
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels of seniority.
- Good knowledge of ERP/CRM, such as MS Dynamics 365.
- Project Management experience including planning, resource allocation and prioritisation.
- Good knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
About The Company
We're transforming. As a national laboratory, we're exploring even more commercial routes to market and that's presenting us with greater opportunity - for you and us. Our success relies on the diversity and talent of our people, we strive to nurture and respect individuals to ensure everyone feels valued and supported to excel in their chosen field.This value is at the core of our organisation.
We believe in a culture of fairness by treating everyone on the basis of their own individual merits and abilities regardless of their own or perceived identity, background or any other factor irrelevant to a person's work. At NPL we are committed to the health and well being of our employees.Flexible working and social activities are embedded in our culture to create a positive work-life balance, along with a broad range of benefits(see our careers website for more information).
As part of our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we signed up to the Institute of Physics' Project Juno in 2015 as a Juno Supporter. NPL were proud to be awarded Juno Practitioner status in 2018. NPL also joined Stonewall as a Diversity champion in 2015, participating in their annual Workplace Equality Index for the equality of LGBT+ community at NPL. In 2018, NPL became a member of the Business Disability Forum and joined the disability confident scheme as level 1 committed employer.
To ensure everyone has an equal chance, we're always willing to make reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process.
End Date: 17 Apr 2019