Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As an integral member of the 24x7 NOC team, you will provide triage, first line monitoring, support and effective incident management for all their "Fin-tech" customers, being responsible for the support of their network access connectivity using access technologies such as DSL, Wireless, VPN and Ethernet. Working closely with your peers in the UK and US, you will be part of the support team providing a single point of contact for support to meet the expectations of their customers.
You will be geared to provide proactive monitoring, clear and regular communication, effective diagnosis and speedy restoration of services, promptly responding to alerts and/or customer raised issues; liaising regularly and clearly with customers, performing fault diagnosis and owning the issue. The engagement and management of 3rd party 'Telco' operators is a key component of this role.
There will also be a requirement to actively engage in additional tasks including the performing of scheduled tasks, undertaking and / or assisting with change controls and performing and supporting network housekeeping duties.
This position will require shift work and a flexible but positive approach to working unsociable hours.
- Monitoring event management tools, inbound email/calls queue and alarm systems
- Acknowledgement, logging and management of all service incidents.
- Communication of faults both domestically and internationally.
- Provide 1st line triage and technical support / fault diagnosis for service incidents
- Report, track and where required escalate faults with 3rd parties / suppliers.
- Identification of enhancements to event management tools.
- Perform periodic or ad-hoc analysis and reporting to support internal or external customer requirements.
- Input and contribute to continual service improvement processes.
- To represent the department and company in a professional manner at all times
- 1-2 years providing customer service in a technical support environment
- Demonstrable analytical approach to fault diagnosis
- Ability to handle multiple tasks / faults simultaneously.
- Demonstrate a good standard of grammatical English and Mathematics.
- Solid foundation in WAN troubleshooting and network components
- Experience with DSL and Wireless (3G/4G/LTE) technologies
- Understanding of GPRS, LTE and VPN technologies
- Working knowledge of PC's and office applications i.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Good personal organisation skills.
- Have initiative to diagnose problems
- Professional working attitude
- Exposure to ITIL v3 Framework
- Familiar with Cisco, Digi and Virtual Access routers
- ITIL v3 Foundation or better
- Cisco ICND or CCNA certification
- Previous exposure to SolarWinds, Remedy and Splunk
When you press apply, you will then immediately receive an email with a link to the employers career page. Please complete the application form to be considered.