Security Network Engineer / SME
£618 - £618
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Security Network Engineer / SME- London- 6 Months.
Your main responsibility will be to deploy, manage, improve and provide domain expertise across a wide range of security tooling including, but not limited to the following technologies:
* Next Generation Firewalls
* Next Generation Intrusion Prevention
* Network malware prevention
* SSL/TLS inspection
* Packet capture
* Network forensics
* Network monitoring
Your activities will cover:
* Gather Group and regional requirements.
* Research and aid in the selection of new technologies.
* Plan, design and implement new and existing technologies globally.
* Own platforms and be the global subject matter expert.
* Work with third-parties to ensure tool-sets are meeting their potential and re-mediate issues.
* Respond to tickets and incidents from the Global Security Operations Centre.
* Ownership of incidents and alerts, chasing third-party suppliers and escalation where required.
* Support the Global CISO business engagement model
* Ability to support out of hours on-call service.
* Support the assessment of security control operations across business lines and third-party suppliers.
* Analysis of management information and delivery of onward reporting.
As well as project and business as usual activities, you will be required to be an internal consultant. As such you will be expected to quickly consume network topology data, make security-based configuration recommendations and be the Group network security engineering SME. Note, this role will not be designing, building or managing networks.
Skills & Experience:
* SME level experience of leading network security projects.
* SME level experience of deploying and managing network security technologies.
* Experience of deploying and managing network infrastructure (firewalls, routing and switching etc.).
* Experience of Linux Operating Systems.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a variety of different people.
* Educated to degree level (in relevant discipline) or equivalent experience.
* Relevant network and security certifications such as CCNP Security would be beneficial
The role will require flexibility and travel across all time zones as it involves engagement with colleagues from all locations of the global clients business. It is imperative that you be a motivated self-starter who can manage your own time and commitments to the business. You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills, ability to review large amounts of data; capability to juggle many priorities and security related topics whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service skills.