|Recruiter:||Lloyds Banking Group|
|Listed on:||26th March|
|Salary/Rate:||£54,117 - £63,136|
|Contact Name:||Lloyds Banking Group|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Protection Lab is embarking on a journey to create an excellent experience for our General Insurance and Protection customers through our newly initiated value streams.
Want to know more?
Our aim is to create a visionary engineering culture that will push boundaries to support the business in delivering high quality, efficient and impactful outcomes for customers across the Scottish Widows digital estate.
We're active partners in a number of accelerator communities including Startupbootcamp, Accenture Fintech Labs, Codebase and Fintech Scotland. These Innovation partnerships allow us to work collaboratively with start-ups on experiments across a variety of disruptive technologies.
Recent use cases in 2018 include IoT smart home devices to support risk reduction, AI predictive Underwriting, on demand Insurance with dynamic pricing and Health and Wellbeing apps to drive customer engagement.
About the role:
Your role as a DevOps Engineer is important in the future of our product development. You'll be able to shape the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team who will:
* Launch new financial products
* Launch new digital marketing initiatives - promotions
* Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
* Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
* Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
As a DevOps Engineer you'll be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
What you'll do:
* Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability, security.
* Help implement a CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle as well as the continual evolution of multi-functional collaboration, associated best practices, and standards.
* You'll develop the pipeline for our cloud hosted greenfield solution and help us adapt legacy systems to benefit from DevOps methods.
* Work on continuous improvement to further enhance DevOps capabilities
* You'll help define and prioritise a backlog of work for the team.
* Work closely with Quality Engineering team to help develop test cases, whilst ensuring the provisioning of all our environments are fully automated and tested.
* Ensure the right level of visibility on environment health by exposing the required metrics.
* You'll have excellent presentation skills and be able to present complex information in a clear, concise manner
* You'll absorb and adapt to the new technologies being used with Lloyds and the wider industry while bringing those around you on the journey.
* You'll have a real passion for mentoring other engineers
What we need from you:
* Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from design, build to production
* You'll have experience of version control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Git
* You'll understand automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
* You'll be able to orchestrate and maintain cloud hosting solutions especially google cloud platform
* You'll have experience of containerisation using Docker/Kubernetes
* Configuration management experience using Chef/Ansible
* Experience working with monitoring and alerting tools and configuration management tools
* Previous experience with large-scale development projects
Together we'll make it possible.....
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
* Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday