Lead API Architect
Lloyds Banking Group
£60825 - £81100
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Lab has ambitious plans to significantly grow our software engineering teams this year into 2019 & 2020.
Want to know more?
Together, we're focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
About the role:
As a Senior Engineer you'll work in a centre of expertise defining how we write APIs and will support our labs to transform their ways of working and to be API driven. You'll work in a highly collaborative way and enjoy seeing the impact of your work by crafting digital experiences for our customers across our web, mobile and tablet applications.
You'll work on our latest Scottish Widows digital estate, plus integration to our Digital Banking platform enabling us to:
* Expand the digital journey transformation,
* Have a clear API development strategy that our teams can leverage
* Encourage and promote Labs working together, creating efficiencies and allowing our teams to collaborate even more effectively
* Provide access to our APIs from both internal and external sources, by identifying and implementing the latest techniques in API development
* Drive the overarching Engineering strategy, and
* Set the direction across around 8 'feature teams' of circa 30 Software Engineers within the Lab.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
* You'll be working with our labs supporting them to write modular, well tested APIs that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale
* You'll contribute to the strategic direction for how APIs are developed within the lab
* You'll ensure that APIs are built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
* We're looking for you to understand and apply industry innovations and foster collaboration to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate
* You'll have a committed focus on delivering business value through sound software engineering methods and principles
* You'll also mentor and develop more junior software engineers
What we need from you:
* Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, and significant exposure to modern web technologies, especially; Microservices and APIs and ideally one of Node.js, Java, or C#
* You'll have a Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
* Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
* Agile working methods - sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
* Good working knowledge of containerisation - e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Hosting
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year.
* Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...