At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group has approximately 40% of the nation's domestic payment transactions passing through its systems, processing tens of billions of pounds in value daily. Our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) IT team is at the heart of it all as we develop and maintain capability to become the best bank for customer.
Would you like to help us deliver exciting customer driven solutions?
About the role:
Service Engineers are vital in ensuring the products we deliver and support are fit for purpose, operate effectively while meeting the quality standard our customers expect, and that they remain so. This role is a new opening to join us as a leader who champions the availability of service within the team. You'll take responsibility for building a proactive risk management culture, identifying and calling out threats, embedding controls, and where possible, helping to implement remediating actions.
So what would you be doing for us?
* You'll represent Service Delivery to Lab Engineering Leads, Product Owners, Stakeholders, and Teams to implement Service principles, disciplines, standards and processes.
* You'll do this by developing Operational Run capability through mentoring others on how to build serviceability into the design and architecture of new solutions, while minimising risk.
* You'll provide insights into the performance of existing software solutions, ensuring that Labs appropriately prioritise solutions to existing issues.
* You'll have technical capabilities, combined with effective problem solving skills in a fast changing and dynamic technology environment.
* You'll have excellent communication skills and experience of collaborative and agile working.
* You'll absorb and adapt to the new technologies being used with Lloyds and the wider industry while bringing those around you on the journey.
* You'll have a real passion for mentoring other engineers and a strong team culture, Along with a successful track record of leading people.
What we need from you:
* You'll provide operational excellence having experience in an IT support role, understanding production environments, complexities of system architecture
* You'll understand how to use Systems Thinking and Service Design to create the best solutions.
* You'll be experienced in agile development understanding ceremonial roles, DevOps tools (continuous integration, testing and delivery) and how their relationship underpins any agile delivery method.
* You'll be able to perform trend analytics to analyse incident data, explore patterns, and propose appropriate remedies.
* You'll have an understanding and working knowledge of ITIL principles and practices.
* Technical skills: Unix, Oracle, Java
Any experience of the Financial Services industry in general, and payments in particular would be useful.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
* Cask Car allowance of £4,080 per year
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...