Service Software Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
£35694 - £41642
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group has approximately 40% of the nation's domestic payment transactions passing through its systems, processing tens of billions of pounds in value on a daily basis. Our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) IT team is at the heart of it all as we develop and maintain capability to become the best bank for customer.
Would you like to help us deliver exciting customer driven solutions?
About the role:
Service Engineers are vital in ensuring the products we deliver and support are fit for purpose, operate effectively while meeting the quality standard our customers expect, and that they remain so. This role is a new and exciting opportunity to operate as a team member who champions the availability of service within a Component or Feature team. We are seeking an IT engineer who is keen to progress a career in IT support and therefore has an inquisitive mind-set and aptitude to learn.
So what would you be doing for us?
* You'll collaborate with other engineering labs and teams to ensure Service Delivery requirements are represented; enforcing the standards and principles to ensure that service is considered from the outset.
* You'll provide insights into the performance of existing software solutions, to assist Labs in prioritising solutions to existing issues.
* You'll complete allocated stories and tasks the team commit to deliver within the Service Level agreements and help drive the progress towards Key Performance Indicator success
* You will contribute to creating a proactive risk management culture, identifying and escalating threats, embedding controls, and where possible, helping to implement remediating actions
* You will be a valued team member operating within an agile environment, using DevOps (continuous integration, testing and delivery) and be expected to participate in Sprint ceremonies; articulating and evidencing your work with the wider team audience.
* You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven experience of collaborative and agile working, be a quick learner with the attitude to absorb and adapt to the new technologies being used with Lloyds and the wider industry while bringing those around you on the journey.
* Interested in familiar with emerging technology within the engineering space
What we need from you:
* You will be operationally-focused and have experience in an IT support role; understanding Production environments, complexities of system architecture and being able to advise on operational excellence.
* Has experience in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools
* You'll have an understanding and working knowledge of ITIL principles and practices.
* You'll have some experience of coaching others
* You'll have technical skills around Unix, Oracle, Java
Any experience of the Financial Services industry in general, and payments in particular would be helpful, but don't worry if not, we can teach you that.
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Discretionary bonus between 10-20% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we will contribute up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...