Senior Project Manager - Aerospace / Engineering
£55000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The company are a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organisation founded by the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan who's global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company's vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
The company have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are their greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together they build professional relationships that thrive. They know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of their business.
They have an exciting opportunity for 2 Senior Project Managers. Focus of this role is to lead and manage all aspects of NPI and project management within the business, and provide a customer focal point for all aspects of the introduction, manufacture, modification, engineering, quality, costs, supply and delivery of all new and changing products. The senior project managers will need extensive knowledge of project management principles, methodologies and techniques, and also devise systems that help minimise risks across multiple projects.
They offer excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
* Interface with the customer to present required updates on current NPI/Projects
* Manage resource, costs, budgets, timelines and all activities required to introduce new products
* Present to the senior management team updates against current plans, budgets, resource and risks
* Manage multi-site projects and resource allocated to those projects
* Liaise with all departments, manage cross functional teams and create, track and manage current projects.
* Transfer bid models from the commercial department into fully detailed project plans covering resource, costs, timelines, budgets, risks, opportunities and all required activities.
* Hold all resource allocated to the project accountable for their roles and responsibilities to ensure the programme runs on time and to budget
* Ensure the NPI process is followed and all gate reviews are achieved and managed
* Reports status of gate reviews to the senior management team and the customer
* Accountable to ensure the project tracks the bid model through all phases of the gate reviews
* Ensure all project managers and resources allocated to the project are trained and working to all NPI processes and procedures.
* Provide support and training to project managers
* Continue to develop the businesses NPI and project management procedures and processes.
* To provide leadership to projects
* To lead product and project reviews
* Degree (Business related) and/or Engineering
* Engineering or Project Management accreditation is an advantage
* Prince 2
* Previous proven experience in leading projects ideally in Aerospace or automotive environment and managing cross functional teams
* Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
* Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
* Computer literate (MS Office, MS Project, EFACS)
* Good negotiator
* Excellent communication skills
* good coordination of people
Other Skills / Abilities / Personal Attributes:
* Strategically minded
* Overview of operational environments
* Ability to cope in a challenging environment
* Can-do attitude
* Hands on
* Detail orientated
Please click on the APPLY button to complete your application at the Company's careers Page.
Candidates with experience of Senior Project Manager, Aerospace Project Manager,
Engineering Project Manager, Aerospace Engineer, Production Planner, Product Development Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Production Coordinator, Technical Production Manager, Senior Engineer, Technical Engineer, Operations Manager may also be considered for this role.