QA Engineer / Quality Engineer - Production Environment
£20,000 - £25,000
Job Title: QA Support Quality Engineer
Location: Darwen, Lancashire
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours of Work: Mon - Fri 8am - 5pm
Established for over 35 years and now one of the North West's leading & multi award winning Engineering companies, the Company is looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic QA Support Quality Engineer to join their busy Laser Engineering team based in Darwen.
This is the perfect opportunity for a motivated and dynamic person to thrive, working within a successful and vibrant team. This role is suited for a highly motivated individual who's able to work in a fast moving Production environment. You'll be facing different types of problems on a daily basis, so communication with the customer is key.
* Carry out First Article Inspections
* Liaise with customer when drawing queries arise
* Raise supplier reject notes
* To be able to carry out thorough investigation with non-conformances, establishing root cause and ensuring corrective / preventative actions are in place
* To communicate clearly with customers and other departments to see non-conformances through to a satisfactory conclusion in the most cost effective manner
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Min GCSE in Maths and English at Grade C
* Excellent PC skills including Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Previous experience in a similar role
* Ability to work efficiently and build effective working relationships
* Methodical approach
* Hands on approach
* Able to read engineering drawings
* The ability to work alone unaided, covering all aspects of the QA function when the QA Manager is off site
* Understanding of Material Grades / test certification
* Project Management skills
* Knowledge of 8D problem solving ensuring robust Corrective and Preventative measures are put in place.
* Familiar working to ES/EN9100
* Internal Audits
* Familiar with FAI, FMEA, APQP, PPAP, Control Plans
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Free car parking
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Quality Engineer, QA Support Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, QA, Product Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance, Quality Assurance Engineer, QA Engineer, Continuous Improvement, Laser Cutting Quality Engineer, Improvement Engineer, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Quality Assurance, Quality performance Engineer, Manufacturing Quality Tester, Quality Management System Auditor, QMS Auditor, ISO9001 will also be considered for the role.