Senior Officer - ICT Infrastructure
£31500 - £31500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Officer - IT Infrastructure
Birmingham, West Midlands
c£31,500 Plus 26 Days' Holiday, Option To Buy Up To Five Days' Extra Annual Leave, Flexible Working, Civil Service Pension, Additional Benefits Package
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, our client is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. They do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly and they work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how they can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
Our client is now looking for a Senior Officer to work as a key member of the ICT Team, delivering network, support and systems activities to enable work streams across the Commission.
Joining our client means joining a dynamic, high profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people's lives. It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that's through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you're passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then our client will help you do that.
As a Senior Officer for IT Infrastructure, you will specifically provide second and third line ICT helpdesk support services to our client's organisation.
Taking responsibility for the design and implementation of technical components, you will support ICT systems, making changes as necessary to enable internal teams to deliver the our client's operational plan.
Supporting both the ICT infrastructure and helpdesk workstream, you will identify and recommend ICT services and solutions that provide value for money and meet the needs of the organisation.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Contributing to a robust, secure electronic communication infrastructure and IT services
- Managing all ICT infrastructure to support programmes and workstreams
- Providing advice and guidance to senior managers regarding technical issues
- Ensuring Commission ICT systems are routinely maintained and updated
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate ICT policies and procedures
- Maintaining your awareness of emerging and new technologies
Interested? If so, you will need experience in the use of helpdesk administration packages and experience of drafting and maintaining operational and/or IT policy documentation.
You will also need advanced administration experience of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Azure
- Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange Online
- SharePoint Online
- Microsoft System Center (including Configuration and Operations Master)
- PowerShell for Active Directory and Azure services
- ADFS 2012 R2
- Active Directory and/or Group Policy
- Windows 10
- MS Exchange Server 2013
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and newer
- Cisco VLAN
- Cisco VPN
- Proxy technologies (Zscaler)
- MS IIS server
- Scripting skills
- Infrastructure design including:
- WAN/LAN topology (including cloud technologies)
- TCP/IP network design
- Server architecture including security, resilience and performance considerations
The ideal Senior Officer for IT Infrastructure will also have experience of any of the following: Windows Server 2016, Virtualisation Technologies (HyperV), and/or Symantec NetBackup. However, none of these are essential.
The closing date for this role is the 15th April 2019. Interviews are scheduled from the 17th April 2019.
To apply for the role of Senior Officer (IT Infrastructure), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Officer, IT Infrastructure, IT Support Officer, IT Infrastructure Support Officer, 2nd Line Support Officer, 3rd Line Support Officer, 2nd Line Engineer, 3rd Line Engineer, IT Support Analyst.