|Recruiter:||Lloyds Banking Group|
|Listed on:||21st March|
|Salary/Rate:||£60,825 - £81,100|
|Contact Name:||Lloyds Banking Group|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lead Software Engineer - Payments
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Want to know more?
Lloyds Banking Group has approximately 40% of the nation's domestic payment transactions passing through its systems, processing tens of billions of pounds in value on a daily basis. Our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) IT team is at the heart of it all as we develop and maintain capability to become the best bank for customer.
As the Bank moves to building out a strategic road map, both from an application infrastructure and tooling, Payments Fraud and Financial Crime Value Stream are embracing this and building capability to do enable this transformation. The Domestic Payments Team is an Agile based delivery team, building key strategic software for the Domestic Payments estate.
Would you like to help us deliver exciting customer driven solutions?
About the role:
The role is a new and exciting opportunity to lead the build, development and maintenance of highly productive software engineering teams instilled with the ethos of delivering high quality solutions. Providing thought leadership in Software Engineering both within the Lab and wider in the organisation.
So what would you be doing for us?
* You'll set the strategic direction for how new DevOps tools, methods and standards are deployed across the platform
* You'll set the strategic direction for how components and services are developed, tested and progressed within their Engineering discipline
* You'll ensure that software is managed and configured/developed in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community
* You'll support the Lab Engineering Lead in the development of the feature team capability
* You'll provide engineering Leadership on 3rd Party relationships with partner, industry and software suppliers
* You'll mentor and develop software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
* Proven engineering leadership track record, including development of colleagues
* Strong Software Engineering background including support and service
* Strong technical direction and thought leadership within your area of expertise
What we need from you:
* You'll have experience across the entire development lifecycle from inception, through build to live
* You'll be experienced in agile, dev ops and non-agile development practices; automated build, continuous integration, code quality metrics, configuration management, etc.
* You'll have technical and practical usage skills in things like Urban Code, Jenkins, Springboot, MQ, Websphere, Unix, Java, WAS and Jira/Confluence.
* You'll be knowledgable on the practical implementation of high availability systems
It would be great if you have experience of Domestic Payments schemes and services, but don't worry if not, we can help with that. Any experience you have of working in a Agile/feature team is also an advantage
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
* Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...