Development Team Leader
£60000 - £70000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Development Team Leader
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- Will be an accomplished Full Stack .NET developer with leadership experience, and with a background of building high quality software using HTML/JS/CSS that runs cross-browser on the client side, and predominantly using Microsoft middle-tier and backend technologies built on the .NET Framework and Dotnet Core.
- Will coach the team to use modern techniques, patterns and practises to build accessible, scalable and evolvable APIs that are robust and stand the test of time. APIs must maintain appropriate backwards compatibility through agreeing and managing contracts, and will often be consumed by 3rd parties.
- Will take pride in your work and the work of your team, to ensure that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- Will demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan Dev sprint/release activities, prioritising according to risk and changes in delivery schedule.
- Will work closely with your peers to ensure cross-team and cross-division activities are performed cohesively and efficiently, delivering the desired results for the business.
- Will display ownership, responsibility and good decision-making, and will be able to coach and co-ordinate team-mates to achieve project deliverables.
- Will have a good understanding of software industry development standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- Will have the ability to manage and fully automate deployments or products and their dependencies across multiple physical and logical environments.
- Will have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Will have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high quality standards.
- Will be commercially aware, and work closely with the product team and stakeholders to ensure that everything we do is commercially appropriate.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Access Workspace Platform through your leadership of a small Agile team, whilst working collaboratively with your peers to ensure a joined up approach' is consistently taken.
- Lead by hands-on example, driving both technical excellence along with high individual and team performance throughout the development process
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to the team, whilst ultimately taking accountability for their deliverables.
- Ensure the agreed agile delivery process and approach is followed in order to align with the department & business strategy.
- Ensure software is designed and built to a high standard, according to the teams' Definition of Done.
- Maintain that Definition of Done.
- Take responsibility for assessing the risk of development tasks, taking into account technical and commercial factors, and make risk-based recommendations and decisions.
- Help ensure all developers within the team understand the scope, risk and complexity of changes by challenging and providing feedback to the stories and acceptance criteria.
- Champion the technical debt roadmap and its prioritisation and execution, ensuring that its requirements are fed back through to the roadmap via the product team and non-technical stakeholders.
- Implement automated Unit and UI tests where appropriate.
- Adhere and contribute to department coding standards and suggest improvements to them.
- Code review other developers work, providing constructive feedback, advising on best practice & coding standards
- Drive the development of processes and improvements.
- Ensure the team creates the appropriate technical documentation where required, both for internal and external consumption.
- Report to Development Manager on progress and areas of risk, including metrics where requested.
- Provide motivational leadership, mentoring and coaching to the team, including on best practice and approaches, and the continuous improvement of these.
- Manage career and skills development, performance, holidays and workloads within the team.
- Work in accordance with the company's policies and procedures.
As a well-rounded Development Team Lead working on our SaaS Platform, your technical skills and experiences likely include:
- Technology & Tools:
- ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core
- Visual Studio 2017
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Relational database design, Query Optimisation, Indexing etc...
- T-SQL - Writing efficient SQL, Stored Procedures and Functions
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
- Git-based Source Control
- Nonfunctional Testing (Volume/Load/Performance/Security)
- Worked in a SaaS software business
- CSS pre-processors (Less, Sass, etc)
- Web Components
- RabbitMQ / MSMQ / NServiceBus
- OpenId Connect
- Azure PaaS
- Azure ServiceFabric