Ruby-on-Rails Developer - Bristol - 6 Months - 600 p/day
£550 - £600
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Ruby-on-Rails Developer - Bristol - 6 Months
In this role you will deliver user-centric digital services from cradle to grave working on high performance cloud platforms using emerging languages and technologies. As a member of their self-empowered and multi-disciplined teams you will be given the freedom to shape the way you work to ensure you are working to latest industry practices, tools and technologies.
They're looking for people who challenge the status quo and are constantly looking to shape their working environment to make it an exciting, fun and interesting place to work.
Keeping things fresh is something they encourage in their working practices, but the culture of continuous improvement is equally as important in their technical approach to building and delivering modern digital services. As a valued team member, your knowledge and experiences will be used to help shape the way they build solutions including utilising new tools and technologies to solve new problems or improve existing services.
* As a Ruby-on-Rails Developer your primary focus will be to deliver user stories whilst working as a part of a multi-disciplined team.
* You'll be working closely with user researchers and designers to build, deploy and support your Ruby-on-Rails applications / web UI using well established software development techniques such as TDD and pair programming.
* Getting involved with all stages of service delivery including configuring, deploying and monitoring using industry standard tooling, to truly work in a DevOps capacity.
* Strong technical competence in Ruby-on-Rails
* Unit testing and integration testing
* Cloud based asynchronous communication patterns
* Experience of Cloud based infrastructure is desirable
* Along with an understanding of application security principles,
* Continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Well-rounded Agile developer,
* Adaptability plus general skills in problem solving,
* Business analysis,
* Quality assurance,
* Application design and architecture to compliment your Ruby-on-Rails development specialist.