Delivery Manager (Data Project) - SC Cleared
£500 - £650
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Delivery Manager, Programme Manager, Project Manager, project Delivery Manager, Business Manager, Home Office, Passport Office, HMPO, Public Sector, SC clearance, SC Cleared, DV clearance, DV Cleared, Stakeholder management, government department, Data Centre Manager, Data Delivery Manager, Senior Project manager
HM Passport Office
An experienced IT Project Delivery Manager with recent experience of managing projects within scrum, Kanban agile and waterfall project delivery environments. Problem solving, team building and governance skills are key essential criteria.
Ability to bring strong servant-leadership without disrupting effective established teams.
The post holder will work closely with and report to the Civil Service Senior Project Manager. They will need to work closely alongside: Business Change Managers, Portfolio Director, Agile Delivery teams, Technical Design Architect, Business Design Architect, Business Analysts and Product Owner.
· Act as Digital Delivery Manager covering two projects, commercial and software development; supporting the overall delivery of the wider portfolio.
· Identify and unblock issues that may delay development
· Liaise with internal/external stakeholders
· Deliver against all internal reporting/governance requirements (budget, risks, issues, interfaces, progress)
· Liaise with Home Office Enterprise Services and Data Centre teams ensuring critical delivery milestones are met
· Work with Home Office Data teams ensuring smooth development of, and support for new software, deployments
· Report to Senior Project Manager on concerns, issues and risks outside of agreed tolerances.
The post-holder will need to be based on site for at least four days a week to work effectively with the agile development teams. They will need to be self-managing and self-starting but able to contribute to and help build team working. There will be considerable senior management and external stakeholder interface and problem solving and presentation/influencing skills will be essential.
Expenses for any exceptional travel authorised outside of Central London will fall under the Standard Government Terms and Conditions for Expenses as covered in the DOS Contract.
Key Skills / Experience
· Project management - apply appropriate planning and progress monitoring tools to support a Kanban based development project
· Governance - effective reporting and escalation through a waterfall governance process including risks, issues, dependencies, progress and budgets.
· Problem solving - ability to identify potential problems and issues proactively and work through them to effective conclusion
· Team working - ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of established professionals and specialist - both civil servants and contractors
· Data centre experience - Previous experience of being point of contact and collaboration with HO Enterprise Services for Data Centre projects.
· Previous experience of translating epics into user stories to drive execution of work in data centres.
· Recent experience of working in HMPO/HO or similar regulated Government environment.
· Relevant recent experience of combining project management disciplines in an agile delivery environment where waterfall style governance is required but mustn't adversely impact agile delivery approach.
· Ability to build trust and relationships with disaffected stakeholders.
· Have existing, valid SC/CTC Clearance - Home Office preferred