Senior DevOps Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
£50530 - £60130
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Your role as a DevOps Engineer is important in the future of our product development. You'll be able to shape the way we design, build, test and deploy using cutting edge technology.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team who will:
* Launch new financial products
* Launch new digital marketing initiatives - promotions
* Extend the functionality of our existing web and mobile applications to attract and retain customers
* Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
* Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
As a DevOps Engineer you will be expected to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
What you'll do:
* Responsible for assuring availability and stability of parallel threads of developments across deployment systems to support the deployment of changes during a cycle
* Develop automation and management of software configuration and change management systems
* Develop tools to improve efficiency of operational tasks during or after the completion of a sprint
* Manage system provisioning and product release procedures using industry standard tools
* Ensure strict code versioning in cooperation with suppliers across multiple applications
* Interact with network and system operations specialists to resolve problems with networked applications and database systems
* Collaborate with internal resources to ensure effective product releases
* Identify technical obstacles early and work closely within the team to find creative solutions
* Evaluate infrastructure requirements and design/deploy solutions for problems such as high availability, search clusters, elastic load distribution, etc.
* Share best practice and improve processes within and across sprint teams
* Support the growth of Agile initiatives within the bank
* Understand day to day priorities and have an ability to work with suppliers to manage their implementation into systems.
About you -
* Version control systems including branching and tagging strategies using Git
* Automated build/test/release processes, source code management (Git) and change-management (JIRA)
* Orchestration & maintenance of cloud hosting solutions such as AWS, Azure, GCP
* CI/CD using Jenkins
* Containerisation using Docker/Kubernetes
* Configuration management using Ansible
* Worked with monitoring and alerting tools and configuration management tools
* Strong knowledge of the entire software development life-cycle from design, build to production
* Previous experience with large-scale development projects
* Have worked within an Agile scrum team
* Excellent presentation skills and ability to present complex information in a clear, concise manner
* Open source experience is a plus
* Excellent team working and communication skills
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Benefits (in addition to base salary):
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,080 per year
* Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we will contribute up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday