Web Development Manager (Hands on)
City Of London
£95000 - £105000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Web Development Manager (Front-end Web Development) - Senior Front-end Developer, Head of Software Development, Senior Developer, Principal Developer
Central London - Salary £95,000 - £105,000 plus excellent benefits
My client, an established and innovative credit card business, whom are dedicated to helping their customers be better with credit, is currently going through a digital transformation journey, and is seeking an experienced hands on Web Development Manager to be responsible for the development and support of their web applications and supporting platforms to meet the business's requirements and strategic objectives.
As a Web Development Manager (Front-end) you will lead a team of 10 members of staff, made up of Lead, Senior and mid-level Developers; whilst leading and managing web applications, web technologies and web standards (including accessibility) across the Digital Development teams and products.
In order to make an effective contribution, you will be able to meet the following essential criteria:
* Strong expertise writing semantic, modular front-end code using HTML5, CSS3, and W3C coding practices
* Experience of leading and developing teams to deliver web applications for desktop and mobile
* Experience of agile software development methodologies such as, SCRUM
* An advanced understanding of the principles of digital web design and architecture
* Excellent understanding of current and upcoming web technologies and software
* Strong experience of build and build automation
* Experience of releasing to Cloud environments (e.g. Azure AWS etc.), scripting and automation
* Distributed version controls systems (Git)
* A broad understanding of all disciplines within:
* Digital marketing (SEO, SEM)
* Digital analytics
* Digital content and creative
* Experience of recruiting, setting up and managing high performance teams
If you feel you have the requisite knowledge and skills, please email your CV in the first instance. Suitable candidates will then be contacted with further information. If you require further information, please contact James.