Infrastructure Engineer - Key Transformation Projects
Lloyds Banking Group
£45000 - £63136
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're expanding our Infrastructure Engineering teams to support a number of these strategic transformational initiatives led by our Group Transformation area.
And you could help them make it possible...
As one of our Infrastructure Engineers you'd act as the primary CIO point of contact for infrastructure solutions delivery for an aligned Group Transformation Lab or project and work for a senior "Value Stream Connector" (VSC) colleague.
Accountable for the systems integration of infrastructure solutions to time and quality standards you'll deliver key Value Stream aligned objectives without impacting on the service.
What would you be doing?
* You'd provide technical systems integration expertise in collaboration with your Group Transformation colleagues by working within a squad/lab/project team.
* You'll transform business requirements and specifications into detailed designs and explore the infrastructure delivery options, developing design ideas as you go.
* Building in infrastructure specific requirements for delivery, for example Non-functional Requirements (NFR), infrastructure detail, volumetrics, and test environments you'll bring the best solution to life.
* Taking the lead in all aspects of infrastructure change within the Lab/project goals throughout their lifecycle means you could be involved with infrastructure build activities or leading the resources supporting the project through the testing cycles and into the live environment.
* You'd support Group Transformation to ensure all the Service Introduction Gateway work is produced by the various CIO supply lines and ensure a smooth handover to Business as Usual.
* Finally you'll support Disaster Recovery tests if applicable and lead resources to address infrastructure defects found over the Warranty Period
It's a truly collaborative set up where you'll get to discuss solutions with domain experts to validate solutions and work with Software Engineers to describe and refine NFT needs.
And Beyond the technical elements?
* Working with Engineering and your VSC you'll segment larger workloads into discrete project elements and produce/owns cost estimate for infrastructure change.
* And you'll provide ongoing estimates of demand planning for CIO and 3rd party resources and forecast the infrastructure components required to support the Lab/feature team/project team goals.
So what about your Infrastructure skills?
We'd be looking for varying levels of experience across the following areas:
* Exposure to multiple infrastructure technologies (Server, Storage, Network) in a Design and/or implementation role.
* Experience of Cloud migration would be desirable.
* Experience of end-to-end project delivery.
* A PSM qualification or Agile environment experience
* A Systems Thinking qualification or exposure to the methodology and working practices would set your application apart.
* Previous Banking/Finance industry experience would be very useful.
And you'd be passionate about engineering standard methodologies such as testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
And what about you?
* Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated, and enthusiastic with an inquisitive and curious approach to work.
* We keep our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Putting Customers First at the heart of our ethos so you should be committed to similar values and combine this with a love of learning.
* We're also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you'll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach.
What will you get in return?
We'll give you stretch whilst you work on some of the largest and most fascinating Engineering projects around today. We'll also commit to furthering your skills and career in an environment that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity.
We'd also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
* A salary (which varies on location, experience levels and current package) ranging between c£45,000 - c£63,000
* A performance related bonus
* Generous pension contribution
* 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
* A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
* Private health cover
* Wider corporate benefits and perks
So if you have the Infrastructure experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...