Robotics, Automation & AI Operations Manager
Lloyds Banking Group
£53000 - £61800
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the UK's largest Retail and Digital Bank we have a huge responsibility to support the UK economy and help it prosper whilst putting customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're in the middle of a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities to build the bank of the future.
One key area of focus of this investment is building our Engineering functions - in which automation will play a central role.
Using the newest technologies and working processes we're:
* Using the latest scripting languages, tools and cloud services to help automate processes, provisioning, builds, application installs and anything else we can innovate around.
* Removing the mundane and repetitive tasks colleagues undertake and replacing these with Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
* Looking to incorporate Artificial Intelligence into anything we automate.
So we're building a talented Intelligent Automation, Robotics and AI team - enabling colleagues to focus on more meaningful work for our business and customers.
Together we'll make it possible...
Join this niche team of business specialists and you'll be supporting and simplifying the delivery of Automation initiatives including scripts, bots, Virtual Assistants, ML, NLP & AI initiatives for an amazingly diverse variety of business areas.
You'll never be short of new challenges and new people to engage with and influence as you implement a broad range of automation technologies.
Here's what you'd be doing:
* You'll help lead, motivate and inspire a team of like-minded specialists to deliver real business value
* You'll engage business and technical areas to find automated solutions for their complex and manual processes
* You'd develop code to ensure both build quality and pace of deployment corresponds to business aspirations.
* You'll become the go-to Technical area where automation, bots and AI requirements are identified or need improving
* You'd get a massive opportunity to collaborate and build communities of colleagues involved in AI, Machine learning, RPA and other technologies - connecting shared interests and solving shared problems
* You'll also get exposure beyond you team to understand how other areas use technologies - Chatbots, Intelligent Optimal Character Recognition (OCR), Machine Learning, biometrics and more...
To do this you'll focus on:
* Nurturing your squad to deliver and implement Automation, using Agile methodologies such as sprints
* Offering guidance on the RPA approach and automation including AI for major £MM projects
* Driving consistent implementation for automation methodology and adoption.
* Defining Design Standards, Methodology and Tools.
* Collaborating with Engineering Directors and Senior Leaders to input into technical training.
* Acting as a gatekeeper prior to production deployment and perform regular quality control reviews.
* Supporting incident resolution for live systems using bots and automation through the identification of coding deficiencies
* Nurturing your squad's talent to enable their career progression
You'd travel to visit our diverse team and business areas which are based across the UK and you may also get opportunities to travel internationally.
You'll need to be self-motivated, analytical, confident - communicating adeptly at all levels across a huge business and influencing appropriately as you coach, inform and consult in the RPA and Automation space.
You'll possess a number of years' experience in Automation under your belt, coupled with a background of getting the very best from people.
And we'd also expect to see a good level of robotics experience gained in a large-scale organisation, end-to-end process assessment (removal of waste) and automation design planning.
Wider skills in the following technologies would be useful:
* Integration or usage of Cloud services from Azure, Google, AWS, or IBM
* SQL (or other data extraction/manipulation coding)
* VBA (Microsoft products)
So what can we offer you in return?
* You're going to be stretched and get the opportunity to use your creativity to bring about some amazing RPA solutions at scale to this huge organisation.
* You're also going to get some horizon-expanding exposure to a host of wider technologies and processes to automate.
* You'll enjoy an energising and intellectually challenging environment where you'll see our real passion for innovation and robotics.
We also want our colleagues get genuine career opportunities as well as represent the communities we serve...believing strongly in diversity and equal opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes a 20% performance related bonus, generous pension, £4k car/allowance, 30 days holiday and so much more...
So if joining us at a critical and exciting time in our RPA future appeals and you have the background we're seeking then we'd love to hear from you...