Spring Group Plc
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Database Administrator - 8 months - Milton Keynes
Financial services client is looking for an experienced Database Administrator who will carry out administration and support in a complex high availability environment, including implementation, production support, performance monitoring and tuning, disaster recovery, upgrades, patching, automation and data migration.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the DBA role including:
- Capacity planning, installation, configuration, database design, migration, performance monitoring, security, troubleshooting, backup and data recovery.
- Assisting developers with code issues.
- Applying changes to approved change process standards.
- Providing audit with information as requested.
- Database Administration.
- Be strong in at least two of SQL Server, Oracle, Postgresql, IBM UDB.
- Have strong communications skills to deliver clear descriptions to both senior and to junior colleagues.
- Be able to listen to and to question both senior and junior colleagues.
- Be effective in a team environment and be willing to contribute to collective targets.
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement