IT Systems Administrator - Active Directory Specialist
£40,000 - £45,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Systems Engineer - Active Directory Specialist -Birmingham
Active Directory (ADFS, Identity Management, User Groups Permissions, Single Sign on etc) Windows Servers 2008, 2012 & 2016, MS Azure.
To £45,000 + 10% Bonus + £2,000 On-Call + Overtime + Home Based Working + Pension
Successful UK business are seeking an IT Systems Engineer to manager their Active Directory Estate.
Working as a key player alongside your colleagues, you will support the Server, Hosting & Storage Team in the development and implementation of ongoing improvements and initiatives across the Active Directory Domain, plus the input of planning and technical remediation initiatives.
Including a mix of BAU and Project work, your key tasks will be to support the strategic planning and implementation of the Active Directory Estate including but not limited to, Security, Single Sign on, Group Policy, OU's Permissions etc. This will involve planning, scheduling and implementing all Change Requests and Maintenance activities for the team as well as on-going Root Cause Analysis a within this position.
Your Key technical expertise will include:
* Windows Servers 2008, 2012 & 2016
* MS Azure, ADFS, Active Directory, Exchange
* Virtualisation, VMware, Hyper-V
* Storage Infrastructure,
* Active Directory Estate including but not limited to, Security, Single Sign on, Group Policy, OU's Permissions etc.
Your key requirements will include:
* Experience in the BAU, Shared Services or Commercial IT Services operation
* Confident in fault diagnosis across technologies & platforms and experience of rectifying faults within strict SLAs
* Extensive experience in the monitoring and maintenance of internal IT systems
* Configuring and maintaining monitoring tools and systems
* Experience operating in a change control and configuration management environment
* Ability to competently act as the technical point contact of escalation for incidents
* The ability to Investigate potential future technologies and solutions that may benefit the IT and hosting, storage or operating system estate
* Experience of using Project Management, Time Recording and Service Management Toolsets (e.g. ServiceNow, Remedy, LANDesk, WorkFront, etc)
Professional Certifications or equivalent in the relevant field of expertise
* MCSE, MCSA
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment, an excellent salary and benefits package and a progressive career path.