UX Designer - Home Based
£50000 - £50000
£Competitive Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
UX Designer - Home Based
London (Home Based) or Bournemouth
£Competitive Plus Flexible Working, Pension Scheme, 23 Days' Holiday + Bank Holidays
Kortext is the UK's leading personal learning platform and a global supplier of digital textbooks to the higher education sector. We work with some of the biggest names in publishing and supply millions of students worldwide with the materials they need to succeed in their education.
Due to ongoing expansion, we are now looking for a UX Designer to join us, working from London or our Bournemouth offices, and ensure that our learning platform is a pleasure to use.
You'll have the chance to get involved at all stages of a project, from user research, content and functionality requirements and information architecture through to journeys, prototypes, final UI designs, development overview and usability and optimisation testing.
As a UX Designer, you will:
- Work on our cross-platform product, which has web, iOS, Android, Mac and Windows clients
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Product Owners, Developers, Scrum Masters and QA, as well as other Designers
- Carry out analysis, including competitor research
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes and final UI designs
- Carry out testing and work with Developers to ensure products are of the highest quality
Interested? To join us as a UX Designer, you'll need:
- At least two years' experience as an in-house or agency UX Designer
- Experience of working as the sole UX representative within a scrum team
- Examples of work that illustrate both the process and the results
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practice
- To be skilled in design and prototyping tools
- The ability to explain your design thinking to all members of a team
It would be great if you had a degree level qualification in computer science, graphic design, psychology or another relevant subject, but this isn't essential.
Other organisations may call this role User Experience Designer, UX Developer, User Interface Designer, UI Designer, Front End Designer, Creative Designer or UI Developer.
What are the benefits?
- Support the success of a platform that's at the forefront of education's digital revolution
- Help make education more immersive, collaborative and accessible
- Work from London or our Bournemouth offices
- Enjoy a fast-paced, exciting working environment
- Regular company lunches and events
- Collaborate with a skilled team who are passionate about their work
Webrecruit and Kortext are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
To apply for the role of UX Designer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.