Senior Cloud Engineer
£60000 - £60000
DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER
Solihull, West Midlands
Salary: DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Do you want to be part of a new Cloud team working with AWS? The Senior Cloud Engineer will get to work with AWS Cloud infrastructure at an early stage of adoption globally. This is a great opportunity for a cloud enthusiast to be part of an implementation on a large scale.
We offer great transport links from Birmingham Business Park; close to the M42, A45 and M6. We offer a shuttle coach for SSP employees from Birmingham Intl. Train Station.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are on the lookout for a Senior Cloud Engineer with experience of Amazon Web Services. We're looking for someone who likes to work within a team, is driven and passionate, has strong clear communication skills and for someone who is keen to act as a mentor to more junior members of the team, acting as a fountain of knowledge.
WE'D LIKE TO MEET A SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER WITH EXPERIENCE IN:
- Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends.
- Working experience of Amazon Web Services and analytical services (e.g. VPC setup and management, S3, Glacier, EC2).
- Knowledge of programming languages (YAML, Python, PowerShell).
- Experience of cloud architecture components such as Web Services and APIs.
- Experience of working with in an Agile environment.
- Clear communication skills with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to liaise and communicate with a range of people at all levels, on a global scale.
- Although not essential, experience in automation, virtualisation and/or containerisation would be highly desirable.
THE SENIOR CLOUD ENGINEER'S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Co-ordinates the promotion, development, acquisition and implementation of information systems and services in close liaison with those responsible for management and strategy
- Creates and maintains overall network plans to support the organisation's business strategy, agrees service level agreements with customers and plans all aspects of the infrastructure necessary to ensure provision of network services to meet such agreements
- Develops and maintains one or more defined communication channels and/or stakeholder groups, acting as a single point of contact.
- Gathers information from the customer to understand their needs (demand management) and detailed requirements.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by the customer and execution by the system developers.
- Translates logical designs into physical designs, and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes
- Produces outline system designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design documentation of networks and networking technology within the organisation.
- Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls. Assesses associated risks, and specifies recovery routines and contingency procedures. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries.
- We are offering a generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and captures the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A CAREER WITH US:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
At SSP we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Senior Cloud Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Senior Cloud Engineer, Lead Cloud Engineer, Cloud Support Engineer, Cloud Implementation Engineer, IT Implementation Engineer, IT Engineer, IT.