£400 - £450
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are seeking a network engineer that has a solid history in implementing rapid, risk-free and right-the-first-time delivery of new firewall, load balancer and routing services within a global organisation with state-of-the-art datacentres.
This is a technical role, where the candidate will be responsible for accepting complex implementation requests and taking business requirements (e.g. requests for connectivity to be established) for innovative initiatives including Cloud services. The role will involve collaborating with project managers and requestors, efficiently performing discovery and engineering a technical solution, as well as implementing the necessary changes across a variety of technologies (whilst adhering to change control policies).
Rate: £400.00-450.00 per day
* Produce detailed implementation instructions and be confident in carrying out changes across a spectrum of technologies - mainly routing/switching and firewalls but may also include load balancing, DNS, and proxy changes.
* Produce design documentation based on architectural standards, including physical and logical designs, and their associated configurations.
* Collaborate with project management teams and requestors to ensure that deliverables are understood and timescales are met.
* Create and maintain documentation where required.
* Provide project implementation support during business and occasionally off business hours.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Desirable 4+ Years experience, working in a similar role e.g. implementation of network configurations across the family of Cisco routers and switches (including IOS, NXOS), and Checkpoint or Palo Alto security systems.
* Experience creating complex mid-level designs and implementing them with minimal direction.
* Experience working in network implementation / engineering or similar role.
* Expertise in providing technical solution review and discovery.
* Exposure to global working methods with focus on customers, teamwork and results.
* Knowledge of ITIL service management, change management, and problem management frameworks is an advantage.
* Exposure to WAN concepts such as MPLS routing and carrier technologies is an advantage.
CCNP, CCSE, or CCSA certification is an advantage.