This role is a new and exciting opportunity within PFFC to help develop the Delivery risk model, influence new stakeholders and improve the risk culture. Consequently we are after a team member, who is keen to progress a career in risk management, has some risk management experience, is practiced in stakeholder engagement and has strong communication and analysis skills. Whilst understanding project and programme lifecycles would be beneficial, the role is well suited to a risk professional who wishes to work alongside experienced risk managers and develop their own career in this field.
You will be expected to have knowledge of the payments industry and some technical understanding of IT systems. Being immersed in such environments your understanding of these topics will quickly improve and you must have the aptitude to learn and to be able to sustain conversations with technical engineers and payments specialists.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Help develop a successful risk management framework to facilitate an improved understanding of our Delivery risk portfolio.
* Provide risk consultation to our programmes and projects to improve risk identification, analysis and reporting.
* Help identify future operational threats and ensure appropriate governance is aligned to ensure operational leaders can take accountability of the risks.
* Help identify opportunities to remediate operational risks within the Delivery portfolio.
* Advise projects and programmes of regulatory and LBG controls.
* Help analyse the Delivery risk portfolio to identify and quantify themes; help to create remediation action plans and identify mitigating controls.
* Help create briefing packs for Senior Leadership.
* Help to provide governance oversight across PFFC. Where weaknesses are identified assist with reviews to inform senior leadership of potential improvements and best practice.
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
* Some risk management experience.
* Strong communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
* Knowledge of the Payments industry and the regulators involved.
* Some IT knowledge.
* Some project management and programme management knowledge.
* Used to working to deadlines.
* A strong team ethos.