Head of Information Security
Spring Group Plc
£700 - £800
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Spring Technology's client, a public sector organisation, are currently looking to recruit the Head of Information Security for an initial 2 month period based in Glasgow on a rate of £700-800/day (inside of IR35).
* Manage and assess corporate and programme information security risks to confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability and relevant compliance as part of corporate and programme risk management.
* Take ownership of information security control reviews, recognising security policy requirements.
* Provide information security input to risk assessment sections of options appraisals for management and board papers.
* Operate as a focus within the organisation and its programmes for information security and assurance expertise in support of the organisation, programmes and national strategies.
* Develop and implement robust organisational security processes ensuring that these are compliant with the Data Protection law and other legislation and regulations related to information security.
* Provide leadership in technical projects to implement or enhance security enforcing functions or capabilities within services.
* Assist in the identification and troubleshooting of recurring issues including managing these to a suitable conclusion.
* Participate in security escalation process including out of hours contact for serious issues.
* High level knowledge and understanding of the internal and external information security risks to digital information.
* Knowledge and understanding of information security standards with demonstrable experience in relation to interpreting and applying information assurance legislation and policies.
* Demonstrable experience and track-record of providing information security advice to support programmes and projects in the education sector.
* Knowledge of digital architectures and digital solutions and a solid understanding of the risks represented by a variety of solutions including cloud architecture, with experience of managing security in an environment with frequent change.
* Certifications for CEH (Certified Ethical Hacking), CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), SANS GIAC (Global Information Assurance Certification) or CREST are desirable.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please get in touch with Claire Lorden or Chris Wallis: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Spring acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Spring Group UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.spring.com/candidate-privacy-information-statement