Badoo is seeking a strong middle to senior level Mobile QA Engineer, testing on our IOS applications. We have a product-oriented team, releasing apps every week. The ideal candidate is mobile savvy, loves testing, and understands what makes a great mobile app!
- Write and execute functional and regression, smoke, and sanity tests
- Run and analyse failed auto-tests
- Work with development teams to ensure applications are tested to the defined level of acceptance
- Writing new/supporting, and updating existing automated tests. We have 1500+ end-to-end tests than run blazing fast. We are contributors to iOS WebDriverAgent (eg we've added support for iOS12 and fixed some bugs to be able to run tests on iOS12 before official release) - please see link for more details https://github.com/facebook/WebDriverAgent
- Communicate closely with Product and Design teams
- Log bugs and investigate when and how introduced, prioritising issues correctly
- Collaborate with the appropriate team for test requirements related to back-end, daemons, mobile backend
- Provide technical leadership to more junior colleagues
- Be awesome and love iOS
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience in mobile manual testing on iOS
- Non-functional testing
- Profiling/debugging using Xcode/Android studio, Charles Proxy or any other proxy tool
- Writing/fixing automated tests - Our technology stack is Ruby, Calabash + iOS WebDriverAgent (own framework called FaceBash) and server that orchestrates and parallelize simulators/device. More info can be found via https://github.com/badoo/ios-device-server
- Strong troubleshooting skills, and experience working closely with multiple teams (especially user support)
- Basic knowledge of Objective-C/Swift and Java desirable
- Basic knowledge of PHP desirable (our server is written on PHP)
- Back-end test experience desirable
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Exceptional communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and team-working capability
- Passionate about technology and testing
- A problem solver who thinks laterally both as part of a team or individually
There's nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We're just as social as our product and don't hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we're a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We're a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 400 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform.
Badoo is an equal opportunities employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The strength of our workforce is made up of people from diverse backgrounds. All individuals here will be treated in a fair and equal manner based on the principles of professional merit. We commit to making any and all reasonable adjustments to your working conditions if you are disabled or impaired. It is important to remember that although some disabilities are apparent, many widely occurring disabilities, such as mental ill-health, epilepsy, diabetes and dyslexia are often not immediately evident. We are keen that applicants who have an ongoing disability make us aware of this, so we can make sure we can provide the most appropriate help and support.