Badoo is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team and assist us in using data science to deliver effective results. Together with us you will develop machine learning models to serve a variety of areas within the business; Product, Marketing, Billing teams and so on. With millions of images and messages exchanged on our platform every day, there is a wealth of opportunity to make a real difference in this role and help people to find love all over the world! The ideal candidate combines strong business acumen, extensive experience in machine learning applications along with a passion for tech
- Deliver impactful business results through the development and delivery of cutting-edge machine learning models
- Leverage Big Data tools and techniques in order to build innovative solutions using appropriate modelling techniques
- Assist in driving improvements to our current prediction modelling infrastructure in terms of process, performance and testing
- Work with large, complex data sets whilst solving challenging business problems
- Collaborate with internal business stakeholders, data scientists and engineers in order to identify improvement opportunities from an AI perspective
Required Experience, Knwoledge & Skills
- Demonstrable experience implementing machine learning models; from initial conception right through to the final productionalised model
- Extremely confident in terms of programming and scripting (strong Python essential)
- High familiarity with libraries such as scikit-learn, tensorflow, keras, pandas, numpy
- Strong statistical modelling background
- Python web development (Tornado, Flask) experience is desirable
- Ability to combine business intuition with the application of advanced solutions
- A passion for keeping up with the latest ongoings in Data Science and Machine Learning communities
- A curious mind, self-starter and endlessly keen to learn and develop themselves professionally
There's nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We're just as social as our product and don't hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we're a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We're a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 400 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform.
Badoo is an equal opportunities employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The strength of our workforce is made up of people from diverse backgrounds. All individuals here will be treated in a fair and equal manner based on the principles of professional merit. We commit to making any and all reasonable adjustments to your working conditions if you are disabled or impaired. It is important to remember that although some disabilities are apparent, many widely occurring disabilities, such as mental ill-health, epilepsy, diabetes and dyslexia are often not immediately evident. We are keen that applicants who have an ongoing disability make us aware of this, so we can make sure we can provide the most appropriate help and support