Badoo is looking for an experienced Senior Automation QA Engineer for Android, iOS and Mobile Web to join our expanding mobile automation QA team. You will be responsible for developing & executing automated tests for mobile applications, and working closely with the development team to ensure the applications are of high quality. You should be open to learning new things, get in-depth into tools, in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Prepare automation test cases for Android, iOS & Mobile Web mobile applications
- Find maintainable solutions to complex problems like mocking in-app purchases for Android and iOS, and interacting with third-party/system applications like Twitter, Instagram and Contacts
- Set up and optimise automation projects with Continuous Integration
- Minimise the manual efforts in application testing and delivery
- Seek ongoing self-improvement through knowledge of advancements in test tools and techniques, with a view to improving Badoo QA infrastructure and processes
- Prioritise own workload effectively in a pressurised and fast paced environment
Required Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive experience with test automation tools such as Appium, Calabash, Selenium, UIAutomator2, Espresso, XCTool
- Experience with programming languages like Ruby (e.g. Java, Python, Kotlin)
- Good understanding of mobile platforms ecosystem
- Good working knowledge of Unix command line
- Knowledge of BDD, Cucumber/RSpec, Git, Jenkins/TeamCity desirable
- Ideally more than 4 years test automation experience, coupled with development experience
- Demonstrable experience working closely with development and manual QA teams
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and team-working capability
- Passionate about technology and testing
- A problem solver who thinks laterally both as part of a team or individually
There's nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We're just as social as our product and don't hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we're a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We're a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 400 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform.
Badoo is an equal opportunities employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
The strength of our workforce is made up of people from diverse backgrounds. All individuals here will be treated in a fair and equal manner based on the principles of professional merit. We commit to making any and all reasonable adjustments to your working conditions if you are disabled or impaired. It is important to remember that although some disabilities are apparent, many widely occurring disabilities, such as mental ill-health, epilepsy, diabetes and dyslexia are often not immediately evident. We are keen that applicants who have an ongoing disability make us aware of this, so we can make sure we can provide the most appropriate help and support