Service Lead (Technical Bridge Shift Lead)
Lloyds Banking Group
£57483 - £60130
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
The Bridge Lead is a technical expert, who understands our technologies, and is an operational leader who oversees the availability of our systems. You will have an excellent understanding of the payments end to end journey, including fraud and financial crime checking, be able to define industry service agreements and have an excellent understanding of the regulations by which we are governed. In this role you will represent the Lead Service Engineer, enforcing service principles and standards, to ensure the Technical Recovery Bridge team maintains an exceptional level of service across the group.
You will be responsible for leading and developing your team members, coaching and building a collaborative environment with one focus, service availability. When incidents occur, you will be responsible for coordinating IT engineers, controlling recovery, engaging with Senior Stakeholders to keep them informed and assessing impacts of both the incident and the recovery actions. You will also maintain a calm but focussed working environment, whilst also protecting the engineers to ensure they can operate unhindered. You will also be accountable for ensuring incident reports are coherently written to ensure effective problem management and facilitate meaningful analysis. When not engaged in incidents you will be expected to be self-motivated to explore problem records and Service Improvement opportunities, which might include monitoring and alerting capabilities, automation and operating procedures.
This role covers a shift working pattern where the successful candidate will be expected to work 12 hours shifts, rotating through days, nights and time off. There are four shifts covering a 365 days capability, including bank holidays and weekends.
As a Line Manager, you will have excellent people management skills. Your responsibilities will include coaching and mentoring a sizable team, identifying colleague development opportunities and providing honest and fair feedback. You will be an exemplary role model, offering inspiration and being able to the get the best out of your teams.
Behaviours and Competencies required:
* Strong leadership ability.
* Passionate and Customer driven, with a strong desire ensure our customers are provided with the best possible experience.
* Communicates effectively and is able to build working relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, ranging from software engineers to senior business leaders.
* Comfortable with challenging stakeholders, and has the ability to explain technical and complex in layman's terms.
* Is used to operating in a highly pressurised environment and is able to calm situations whilst maintaining focus.
* Has an appetite to continuously improve.
* Is innovative and takes an interest in the industries best practices.
* Analytical and is able to analyse incident data and explore patterns to help mitigate risks.
* Organisationally savvy and is able to network effectively.
* Is able to solve complex problems, considers impacts and make decisions.
Knowledge and experience:
* Stakeholder Management - having the ability of influencing and seeking buy in from key stakeholders.
* Operational excellence & experiences in IT support - Understands production environments and the complexities of the systems architecture, being able to advice on operational excellence.
* Excellent knowledge of technologies used in LBG and experience with fixing IT problems.
* Relevant knowledge or experience of the payments industry; understanding the regulators, the schemes, types of payments and industry SLAs