Lead Full Stack Engineer
Lloyds Banking Group
£60825 - £85000
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We've created "LBG Labs" and we're building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us.
Our Financial Planning & Retirement Labs are focused on improving support to our customers throughout their financial lives, with clear, straightforward customer journeys, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs
About the role:
As our Lead Software Engineer, you'll be responsible for the build and design of systems for the Lab, selecting the appropriate software to implement. You'll be interested in future tech and trends and look for opportunities to bring these into the lab and keep the digital stack moving forwards.
You'll work at a senior level on our latest Scottish Widows digital estate, plus integration to our Digital Banking platform enabling us to:
* Expand the digital journey transformation,
* Drive the overarching Engineering strategy
* Set the direction across 'feature teams' of Software Engineers within the Lab.
Your decisions on how are we going to build the right toolset will positively impact our clients, teams and general engineering culture in the UK's largest Digital Bank, by creating digital experiences for our customers across our web, mobile and tablet applications.
Here's where you'll make a difference:
* As part of the leadership team, you'll set strategic direction for how we build software within the teams, which includes tools, coding standards, quality controls etc.
* You'll ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and industry innovations that exist across the wider Engineering community
* You'll mentor and develop software engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth
* You'll establish and maintain effective working relationships with all areas, not only within Digital, but across the Group to promote Engineering to improve the overall delivery method
* We're looking for you to have a committed focus on delivering business value through sound software engineering methods and principles
What we need from you:
* Strong Software Engineering background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, TDD/BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, code quality metrics etc.
* History in providing Software Engineering oversight, technical leadership and setting the strategic direction across multiple teams
* Understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, and significant exposure to modern web technologies, especially; Node.js, HTML5, CSS3 and REACT.js
* Experience across the entire SDLC from inception, through build to production
* Agile working methods - sprint delivery, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
* Good working knowledge of containerisation - e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Hosting
* Passion for coaching other software engineers and building a strong team culture
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Together we'll make it possible...
So what can we offer you in return?
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes
* Car or car allowance of up to £4,788 per year
* Discretionary bonus between 20-40% of base pay
* Cash sum of 4% which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
* Private Medical Insurance
* Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 13%
* Share plans
* 30 days holiday (plus Public)
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we'd love to hear from you...