Pega Lead System Architect
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Pega Lead System Architect
Telford or Newcastle
Summary of the role:
You will work within a SCRUM team to provide quality assured code on complex solutions in CMDG and would involve working in multi-disciplined feature teams. This role will involve performing more complex software development activities on IT systems in line with the CMDG Software Engineering Process.
You will be required to works under general direction and use your discretion in identifying, responding to complex issues and assignments, determining when issues should be escalated to a higher level. Demonstrating an analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution. Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine in a variety of environments. Applies methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
Demonstrates effective communication skills and contributing fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation, standards and procedures. Appreciates the wider business context, and how your own role relates to other roles and to the business.
Interacts with and influences colleagues. Has working level contact with customers, suppliers and partners. May supervise others or make decisions which impact the work assigned to individuals or phases of projects.
DevOps is a new practice emerging from the combination of practices in both Development and Systems Operations. It is a software development and delivery practice that spans both practices and is concerned with fast delivery and deployment of new software by taking an agile approach to systems management. Systems as well as software should be test driven by design, and the process should be automated as much as possible. It would be desirable for you to have experience in a DevOps working environment or have some DevOps skills, but not essential
* Collaboration with stakeholders to produce quality assured technical solutions.
* Adherence to the CMDG Software Engineering Process
* Adherence to architectural blueprints
* Development planning and build estimation
* Peer Reviews
* Supporting the delivery of CMDG initiatives e.g. Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps.
* Actively supporting and feeding into the cycle of continuous improvement.
Essential Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
* Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering technical solutions on virtual environments using Pega v7.1
* Demonstrable experience in writing effective technical and business focused reports and specifications
* Collaborative team-worker
* Demonstrate the ability to plan, manage and complete delivery of software applications within time limits
* Ability to work autonomously
* Experience of working within Agile Delivery Frameworks e.g. SCRUM and Kanban
* Promotes a positive work culture, maintains successful working relationships with other team members and the Delivery Group as whole
* Pega Certified Senior System Architect
Desirable Knowledge, Criteria and Skills
* Experience of Behaviour Driven Development
* Experience of domain-driven design
* Experience of using Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery frameworks, practices and tools e.g. Puppet, Jenkins, Maven etc
* Experience of working in an SOA environment and/or microservices environment
* Experience of integrating Pega applications with Documentum or xCP
* Experienced user of Atlassian tool set (i.e. Jira/ Confluence)
* Knowledge of working in a Cloud environment
* Experience of containerization (e.g. Docker)
* Proven experience with test automation and test tools e.g. Selenium and Cucumber.
* Experience of working in a DevOps culture
* Has applied Agile and Lean concepts at scale