Senior Software Engineer - R70'000 - Gauteng
Nigel Frank International
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior .NET C# Developer Wanted!!
A Johannesburg based company renowned for building world class software architecture are looking for highly motivated, highly skilled .NET developers to build bigger and better systems with them.
* Entity Framework
* Object Oriented Programming
A senior C# .NET developer is expected to play a leading role in the design, development and deployment of software solutions.
They will play an integral role in the delivery of quality code and will contribute in design conversations. They will also need to act as informal mentors to the less experienced team members
Some of the skills and experience a senior .NET developer will need to possess are:
* Minimum of 5 years C# development experience.
* Knowledge of C# language features.
* Understanding of Object-oriented programming fundamentals and extensive knowledge of design patterns and the ability to recognize and apply them correctly (e.g. GOF patterns).
* Solid knowledge and practical experience of at least one RDBMS (MSSQL/Oracle/DB2/MySQL/Postgres), including basic DBA functions and some knowledge of advanced configuration such as replication and mirroring scenarios.
* Exposure to NoSQL database approaches preferred
* Excellent knowledge of at least one client-side technology. Needs to have detailed implementation experience as well as a solid understanding of the technology specific patterns. Practical experience of MVC/MVVM/MVP and related patterns is a must.
* A high level of understanding of the common frameworks in the .NET technology stack and needs to have detailed implementation experience in several of these frameworks, for example Entity Framework/Razor/WCF/WPF/PRISM/MVC
* Should be able to establish automated testing patterns within a project (i.e. unit testing, integration testing and performance testing)
Relevant degree - Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering preferable
* Must be a team player and able to play a leadership role within the team.
* Must provide mentorship to the more junior members of the team.
* Effective verbal and written communication within team and client.
* Flexible and able to work under pressure.