|Recruiter:||Insurance Data Solutions|
|Listed on:||8th March|
|Salary/Rate:||£35,000 - £50,000|
|Salary Notes:||DOE Plus Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Candidate Services|
SQL Developer - Insurance
£35,000 - £50,000 DOE Plus Company Bonus, Pension Scheme, Parking, TOIL, 20 Days' Holiday + Bank Holidays
We are Insurance Data Solutions, a specialist software company dedicated to unleashing the power of insurance data. Our growing range of solutions include data migration, archiving, bordereaux, sanctions, business intelligence and a range of other bespoke solutions supporting operational, underwriting, marketing and regulatory processes.
We're now looking for a SQL Developer to join our tech-savvy team and support the full lifecycle of our data warehouse development projects.
As a SQL Developer, you will:
- Get involved with analysis, design, testing and implementation activities
- Maintain and create tables, views, stored procedures and functions using SQL Server
- Develop dimensional and relational data models
- Work with clients to collect BI requirements and help to turn these into first-class reports and dashboards using PowerBI, Tableu, Qlikview and SSIS
- Write new and optimise existing SQL scripts
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues
- Share your knowledge with team members and clients
Interested? To join us as our SQL Developer, you'll need:
- At least three years' experience of working as a BI and/or data warehouse developer and/or SQL developer
- Previous experience of data warehousing environments
- Expertise in SQL server 2016, T-SQL, Cloud based systems, SSRS, SSIS, MS Azure or AWS, Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau or Qlikview), MySQL, APIs, SQL for ETL and business intelligence and/or data warehouse technologies
- Scripting skills, ideally Python
- A great eye for detail and strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to work well in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment
Other companies may call this role SQL Developer, BI Developer, Business Intelligence Developer, Data Warehouse Developer, SQL Programmer, Dashboard Developer, Analytics Software Developer, Developer or Programmer.
What are the benefits?
- Take on an exciting role offering plenty of variety and challenge
- Progress your career in the evolving world of insurance business intelligence
- Increase your knowledge with an entrepreneurial organisation
- A training and qualifications package (if needed)
- Offices on the top floor of Moulsham Mill, Chelmsford
The closing date for applications is the 25th March 2019.
Webrecruit and Insurance Data Solutions are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of SQL Developer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 9:00 - 17:30