Access, a leading provider of IaaS services and on premise, hosted and SaaS software solutions to the mid-size business market is currently looking to recruit a motivated Linux DevOps Engineer. Access has achieved significant growth in its SaaS based solutions in the last 4 years through internal development and acquisition and has exciting targets for the future.
Working within the Alto Division, you will be responsible for ensuring that the Linux operating system layer, supporting networking and application technology is always available to support the Access application set. You will develop a deep and thorough understanding of Access's own software application and how they interact with the Application and OS layers. You will join the team responsible for ensuring our services meet contracted SLAs.
Working with the Access product teams, you will establish the Linux environment by designing system configuration, directing installation, defining, documenting and enforcing system standards to achieve the technical goals of the company.
Linux DevOps Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Working with Access software development and support teams to achieve the technical goals of the company
- Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments
- Fault finding, analysis and of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, patches, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Create and modify scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Incident and problem ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution
- Reacting to threats as they occur as well as proactively ensuring all systems conform to penetration tests
- Controlling and managing user access for customers and internal Access staff
- Dealing with security breaches and attacks when they happen
- Investigating and resolving environmental, performance and scalability issues
- Documenting new systems and changes to system
- Work within our ISO27001 compliant policy, process and records management framework
In addition to this you will:
- Have the ability to drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
- Become the subject matter expert for technical issues relating to the Linux OS Layer
- Be used to accurately determining relative priorities
- Be commercially aware to aid in prioritisation
- Be able to explain technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Be able to work in a cross-discipline team to address Access application issues
- Have excellent documentation and records management skills
- Be able to work outside core working hours when required to apply important updates
- Be on call in rotation to handle priority 1 incidents if they occur
Your technical background should include:
- Previous working experience as a Linux DevOps Engineer / Administrator for (2) years
- In depth knowledge of Linux: CentOS, RedHat, Debian, etc.
- In depth hands on experience with MariaDB and/or MySQL with master slave replication
- In depth hands on experience with Puppet
- Hands on experience in Shell, Perl, and/or Python scripting
- Familiarity with VMWare and SAN management and concepts
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE and LPIC) will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include flexible benefits options, and a fully expensed mobile phone.