Shape the future of Cyber Security
Access, a leading provider of IaaS services and on premise, hosted and SaaS software solutions to the mid-size business market is currently looking to recruit a motivated Senior Cyber Security Engineer. Access has achieved significant growth in its SaaS based solutions in the last 5 years through internal development and acquisition and has exciting targets for the future.
Working within the Alto Division, you will be responsible for architecting, deploying and supporting security controls to ensure that the entire IT operation from physical devices, networking, hypervisor, virtual machines and underlying applications are all secure. You will have a deep and thorough first hand understanding of tools used to both protect as well as attempt intrusion to our environments.
Working with the Access teams, you will lead the environment design to provide a best of breed environment enforcing system standards to achieve the technical goals of the company.
As this is a brand new position within the company you'll have the flexibility to shape what Cyber Security at Access will look like.
Senior Cyber Security Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Research, evaluate, design and recommend new technologies and tools to improve both our reactive and proactive security posture
- Define a monitoring framework and continuously monitor the entire infrastructure for preventive actions
- Proactively maintain and develop all security tooling to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies
- Incident and problem ticket logging, ownership and update through to resolution
- Reacting to threats as they occur as well as proactively ensuring all systems conform to penetration tests
- Documenting new systems and changes to security systems
- Carry out internal and external facing penetration tests as well as working with external 3rd party testers
- Work with Access software development and support teams to achieve the technical goals of the company
- Work within our ISO27001 compliant policy, process and records management framework
In addition to this you will:
- Have the ability to drive issues through to completion, taking personal ownership of the objectives
- Be the subject matter expert for technical issues relating to the security of our environment
- Be used to accurately determining relative priorities
- Be commercially aware to aid in prioritisation
- Have excellent documentation and records management skills
- Be able to work outside core working hours when required to apply important updates
- Provide out of hours support to assist in priority 1 security incidents if they occur
Your technical background should include:
- Previous working experience as security engineer for 4+ years
- Expertise in a broad array of systems and network security technical controls and processes (e.g., identity & access management, system hardening, network segmentation, incident response, intrusion Detection, intrusion prevention, DDOS mitigation, threat intelligence, forensic analysis etc.)
- Familiarity with CISCO hardware, NetApp storage and VMWare in large private cloud environments
- Deep understanding of operating systems (Windows and Linux)
- Security certifications in relevant areas
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
Salary will be commensurate with experience and will include flexible benefits options