Newcastle Upon Tyne
£500 - £530
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
You will be based on site working with one of the UK's most digital organisations and leading the technology revolution across the public sector. With over 50 million customers at the heart of everything they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they're not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
UX Designers work with User Researchers and Front End Developers, designing in the browser, to deliver highly user focussed and successful services. UX designers produce design concepts for digital services, often working to very tight deadlines, and work with front-end developers to implement those concepts. The ideal candidate will have a love of the web and its possibilities, a passion for design and its history and an understanding of how form and function work together.
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver highly user focused and successful digital services
Skills required include:
* Practical experience in designing interfaces and transaction flows for the web;
* Ability to prototype for the web & design in browser;
* A good basic understanding of web technologies and how they affect design, including accessibility;
* Experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, hand-coded HTML & CSS, rapid prototyping;
* Responsive web interactions design for mobile devices;
* Experience in researching design with users;
* Service design experience, including user journey mapping;
* Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team.
Business Skills required:
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Problem solving and creativity skills
* Honesty and Integrity
* Eagerness to learn
* Drive and energy
* Professional appearance Leading and Communication
* Seeing the Bigger Picture
* Delivering at Pace
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.