Cloud Engineer (Azure)
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looing for a an Azure Cloud Engineer to join a small, friendly team with an in-depth knowledge of how security is managed within Azure, development experience and experience using a DevOps pipeline to implement SDI.
The team is a small agile team of peers who work together to deliver a state-of-the art platform for Schroders' development community. You will be a peer member in a small team of engineers (cloud platform team) responsible for delivering and managing an Azure platform used by Schroders developers globally. The cloud platform team work closely with development teams to identify and implement Platforms as a Service using Infrastructure as Code.
What you'll need to do
• Design, build and implement new Platforms as a Service requested by development teams (e.g. Databricks)
Upgrade existing services (e.g. ASE)
• Improve processes for provisioning services
• Continually improve how the team works and the artefacts produced by the team
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• You will have a Microsoft Accredited professional qualification relating to Azure
• You will have development experience and understand the full software development life cycle
• You will understand different design patterns used by Microsoft Stack developers
• You will have in-depth knowledge of how security is managed within Azure and by applications built in Azure
• You will have demonstrated use of Agile methodology for delivery
• You will have experience using Terraform
• You will have experience using a DevOps pipeline
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to in vesting, building client relationships and growing our business.
We are responsible for £449.4 billion (€508.2 billion/$593.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,900 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a leading light in innovation and change, delivering business benefits as effectively and efficiently as possible. As well as assessing and implementing the latest trends in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Augmented Reality, Blockchain Technology, Natural Language Generation and Robotic Process Automation, we strive to bring the latest process changes into production and have recently transformed the department to utilise the SAFe Agile methodology to improve our transparency and reactivity.