.NET Software Developer / Software Engineer / Full Stack
£30,000 - £40,000
Job Title: .NET Software Developer (Full Stack)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
This is an opportunity for an experienced .NET Software Developer with 5 or more years' commercial experience, to join an established software house based in their head office in Edinburgh. You'll join a small niche software development team, assisting with a variety of technical duties in developing and supporting their practice management software product for law firms.
As a solution finder & an individual who is genuinely excited about technology, you will have full stack commercial product development experience and first class demonstrable technical skills as a full stack .NET developer; using c# MVC, SQL Server, with strong WinForms, Asp.MVC Web Services.
* Software development. The ideal candidate will be technical, creative, artistic and innovative with solid experience of developing software on Microsoft platforms using c#, Asp.MVC & SQL Server.
* The candidate must have 5+ years direct relevant experience having worked on reasonably sizeable projects and be able to demonstrate good analytical & creative skills. The ideal candidate will be a quick learner and have demonstrable ability to work independently and manage their own software development project tasks.
Key Skills and Experience:
* The candidate should have; C#, WinForms, Asp.MVC, Transact-SQL.
* You will have a good knowledge and experience of Object Oriented Programming, HTML/XHTML/CSS, Cross-browser Compatibility Issues and Website Usage, source control tools (Subversion specifically).
* It would be advantageous but not essential to have experience of Markdown, Git, Wix, NUnit (or alternatives), .Net Core, PowerShell, Continuous Integration, build automation tool(s), code reviews, agile development.
* Experience of working in a Windows Server operating environment with exposure to developing on mobile / tablet devices being a real advantage.
* You must be confident, well organised and have proven skills managing a busy workload and working under pressure. Exceptional communication skills are essential.
* This is a vital role that will be challenging and demanding.
* The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with a very and keen positive attitude.
* The ability to work well in a close team environment is essential and team working skills are a must.
* The candidate will take ownership of all duties assigned and approach their work with a bright and creative manner.
* As a team player the candidate will be creative and have a willingness to contribute as well as work independently and on their own initiative where required.
Please apply for the role if you meet the following criteria:
* You live within commuting distance of Edinburgh.
* You can demonstrate strong development skills using c#, Asp.MVC & SQL Server and are a creative and experienced web / Windows developer.
* You are looking for an opportunity to be recognised and want to make a real difference working in a small team within a specialist niche SME.
This role is office based in Edinburgh.
Please do not apply for this role if you do not live within commutable distance from Edinburgh.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Senior Developer, .NET Software Engineer, Software Developer, .NET Engineer, ASP.MVC, RESTful API, Azure Cloud Services, Android Apps, SharePoint, .NET Support, SQL Developer, SQL Support, Programmer, SQL Engineer, .NET Developer, IT Engineer, IT Support, Systems Implementation, WebAPI, SQL Server may also be considered for this role.