Agile Data Innovation Manager - Strategic Initiatives
Lloyds Banking Group
£49000 - £57800
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
As the UK's largest retail, commercial and Digital bank, we've a big responsibility to support the UK economy and put customers at the heart of everything we do.
We're also in the middle of a three year, £3bn, transformation programme - putting unprecedented levels of investment into our platforms, people and data capabilities.
Could you help us become more Agile about data and how this might revolutionise our business?
About Group Analytics:
They're the first port of call for a huge business needing to investigate customer behaviours, interactions and trends to open up opportunities for improvements.
They also follow a clear set of principles which promote a positive, collaborative and creative culture making it a diverse and energising place to work.
Together we'll make it possible...
So who are Data Innovation?
It's an unconventional team supporting various strategic initiatives and agile transformation workstreams by working through the data we own to unlock ways we can improve things such as:
* Customers journeys like "Help me buy a home" or "Help me to save"
* Our Executive MI "Nerve Centre" in London
* Our new "BI Marketplace" (think Amazon for BI)
You'd join us as an Initiative Lead and work across a number of different teams to analyse and visualise data to understand the value we can bring to customers.
You'd also be developing and testing data experiments using new tools and techniques to deliver the narratives to a massive business looking to transform on every level.
Could you think about data differently?
This is where things get interesting...
* You'd be working end-to-end with various agile project teams on 6-18 week "sprints" to build out the data requirements that will transform the processes underpinning each journey.
* You'll lead deep dives and extraction (ETL/ELT) from numerous structured and unstructured data sources to support insights and recommendations
* And you'll be bringing cutting-edge tools and approaches to bear on data experiments, discovering opportunities and considering strategic commercial questions.
* You'll also be reviewing and challenging the status quo and generating data innovations around drivers, risks and opportunities
* You'll resolve data lineage and data gap issues and ensure there is an event data layer at every touch point in the new processes.
* Finally you'd present both analysis and visualisations to project leaders to convey the stories to shape and influence thinking.
This is a fast-paced and creative approach to analytics that'll require an understanding of the data elements and architecture along with a mindset that involves checking, testing, iterations and learning quickly through failure.
So, about you...
* You're the sort of confident Data Engineer we're seeking - passionate about data insights, storytelling and growing the capability of people.
* You'll also have a well-developed communication kit bag - able to influence and work with both technical and non-technical audiences to meet rapid deadlines.
* And you'll possess the imagination we actively encourage to innovate and help achieve amazing things through data.
And your background?
* Fundamentally you'll have a data and analytics background - SQL, SAS, R etc. gained within a large and complex organisations
* Adept at working with large structured datasets you're used to thinking through analytical and data modelling requirements and experimenting with improvements.
* You'll demonstrate a talent for sourcing and modelling data from strategic sources (data warehouses etc.) and innovating to answer big business questions.
* We'd also expect you to have experience in large relational databases at an enterprise level (Oracle, Teradata, Hadoop) and visualisation skills using leading applications such as Tableau, PowerBI, D3 etc.
* And we'd love it if you came to us already understanding Agile principles of change delivery (e.g. Scrum and iterative development).
You'll find we're genuine about equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve. All with a culture built around advancing the best of our people.
You'll also get:
* A salary in the region of c£49,000-£57,800 (Bristol) or c£63,000-£73,600 (London) depending on your skills and experience
* An on target performance bonus of c15%
* A generous pension contribution
* A £4k car allowance
* 30 days leave plus bank holidays
* A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
* Private health cover
* Share schemes including free shares
So if you have the skills and aptitude we're after and playing a key data innovation role appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...