Lloyds Banking Group
£45000 - £50000
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Core Purpose of Role
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
The role of the Software Engineer is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect. Being part of cross-disciplinary teams, Software Engineers should be able to showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended whilst validating and verifying feature behaviour against requirement specifications.?
Tasked with supporting the Run side of our systems for both LBG and the newly formed Lloyds Bank Commercial Markets ring-fenced bank (LBCM) they enjoy varied work split between Support (40%) and Change/Development (60%).
* Supporting a number of bespoke key applications in the Run area of CBM IT
* Ensuring 1st/2nd line support to back office colleagues across Trade Support, Markets Risk and Finance - responding quickly and appropriately to requests.
* Driving service improvements, toil task automation, trend analysis of on-going issues to reduce the number of incidents and problem tickets through the use of innovative technology
* Lead major incident post mortems and root cause analysis
* Supporting the overnight batch process picking up 2nd line queries from offshore colleagues.
Knowledge & Experience
* Scripting skills such as Perl, Python, Powershell etc
* Supporting MS and UNIX (Unix/Aix/Linus/Solaries etc.) environments
* Knowledge of relational databases with strong T-SQL
* Monitoring experience using Splunk or DynaCenter tools
* Batching experience using Tivoli Scheduler (TWS)
* DevOps tooling across Git/Gerrit, Nexus, Ant, Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Selenium, Ansible and Urban Code for continuous integration and delivery
* Experience with agile development methods & tooling e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Jira & Confluence
* Any coding skillsets in VBA, Java or .Net would be advantageous
* There will be opportunities to work with cloud and big data technologies so any exposure to these would also valuable
Behaviours & Competencies
* An automation first approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk
* Significant problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and communications skills
* Logical and creative thinking skills
* Ability to work independently and take responsibility whilst using own initiative
* Excitement about working with others to collectively enable and achieve greater results
You're able to get along with people and collaborate closely within a team, going to extra lengths for customers and colleagues communicate effectively with differing levels of seniority.
Finally you'll be able to evaluate and adapt to new technologies quickly (e.g. Hadoop data lakes).
It's a bustling environment where you work hand-in-glove with the business on a 24/7 basis so you'll need to be comfortable working shifts and rotas along with out of hours working, occasionally at weekends and on Bank Holidays.
(We provide cover 07:00 to 18:30 divided into an early shift 07:00 - 15:00 and a late shift 10:30 - 18:30.)
In return you'll benefit from a competitive salary and generous out of hour's payments on top of which we'll provide:
* An on target performance bonus of c.10%
* A generous pension contribution
* 28 days leave plus bank holidays
* A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
* Private health cover
* Share schemes including free shares
We're genuine about providing equal opportunity as well as our people representing the communities we serve and have a culture built around developing and advancing the best of our people.
Sound like your ideal next workplace?
So if you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development of some critical systems appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...