Systems Administrator - £300-£350 - London- 3 months
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure both on premises and cloud based. The role requires close coordination with other teams within the IT department to ensure the infrastructure meets the needs of the business. Travel to other offices will be required. Infrastructure team members are based in multiple offices across the US and in London.
Mainly a Microsoft house, my client is looking to leverage our investment in O365 and are currently in hybrid mode for Exchange and looking to go the same route with Skype for Business and we are migrating our Corporate Intranet from SharePoint on premises to O365. Interest in Cloud technologies is essential for this role. We are also consolidating our branch offices and are looking to implement SD-Wan technology. We have an extensive VMware and VDI environment supporting our SAS and Stata Data Analytics. We are also looking to automate our processes where possible. We offer many opportunities for advancement for the right candidate.
* Administers, oversees and monitors systems including, servers, infrastructure, hardware and software. Server builds, maintenance and patching
* Carry out day to day administration tasks for onboarding and off boarding end users
* Works with the rest of the IT team to identify business needs and develop/deliver programs to meet those needs
* Provide an escalation point for service delivery requests
* Provide and initiate problem resolution for infrastructure including raising tickets with vendors and following through to resolution
* Ensure that the team are kept informed of all issues. Follow and refine good working practices and procedures
* Keep documentation up to date
* Assists with cross regional IT operations, projects, escalated user support, or network operations tasks as requested
* Provides support to technology-related efforts to ensure compliance with security and regulatory requirements
* Actively participate in audit cycles
* Look for opportunities to streamline IT processes and reduce cost or gain efficiencies
* Identify opportunities to leverage cloud services
Qualifications & Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
* Minimum of 7 years' experience supporting systems in a distributed network based on Microsoft technologies in a professional services environment
* Experience with data center consolidation would be useful
* Experience in supporting Microsoft technologies including server and desktop operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange messaging and database systems
* Experience in provisioning and managing iSCSI based storage systems
* Experience with VMware
* Supporting data analytics systems, SAS, STATA and VDI preferred
* Microsoft O365 and azure experience preferred
* Experience of Cloud migrations is beneficial
* Experience working in an International environment is preferred
* Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Interest in researching new technologies
* A good understanding of today's IT security challenges
* A team player who enjoys collaborating a with group of people with diverse personalities and backgrounds
* Ability to deal with demanding stakeholders and maintain a calm manner in stressful situations
If you are looking for an exciting, new opportunity and you think you have the right skill set then apply below or forward your CV to Joe Bose at Click here to contact this recruiter
or call [Telephone number removed]
for more information.
We understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Microsoft candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future! Confidentiality is of course guaranteed.
Nigel Frank International is the global leader in Microsoft recruitment. We advertise more Microsoft Business Intelligence jobs than any other agency. We deal with both Microsoft Partners and End Users throughout the UK and Europe and we have never had more live requirements and jobs for Microsoft professionals. By specialising solely in placing candidates in the Microsoft market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in the UK and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and jobs are.