|Listed on:||4th March|
Job title: Embedded Software Engineer
At QinetiQ we're a company of over 6,000 dedicated people providing technological and scientific expertise that helps our customers protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
Working across every aspect of the life cycle of critical equipment and infrastructure, providing services and products that address our customers' most pressing challenges; our breadth and depth of experience spans many markets and industries.
Protecting and improving cyber resources to overcome challenges and threats. System failure, data theft, inappropriate use, unauthorised access, cyber-attacks. The world's data and the systems that hold it face challenges every day, so security is paramount. We help our customers protect the independence and integrity of their critical infrastructure, improve the interoperability of their systems and help them test, evaluate, experiment, exercise and train their employees in defending their critical business systems to reduce and overcome threats before they happen.
Purpose of the role:
As an Embedded Software Engineer in our Malvern office you will work as part of a team of engineers and scientists from across the business providing coding that will be delivered into the next generation of multi-constellation, multi-frequency Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers. QinetiQ supports the delivery of secure navigation systems that can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning and/or timing is mission-critical.
What's in it for the Embedded Software Engineers?
* Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
* Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
* Competitive Salary
* Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
* Excellent Career Development opportunities
* You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Embedded Software Engineers:
* Eligible for SC clearance
* 2 years minimum experience in software Developer role/environment
* Proven track record of programming in C++ and C
* Experienced in developing embedded platforms (including peripheral hardware)
* Skilled in designing software using UML
* Prior experience of working in a engineering environment using change and configuration management
* Knowledge of design, development environment and test tools such as Visual Studios, Enterprise Architecture etc.
* Degree or higher in related field
Desirable Skills for the Embedded Software Engineers:
* Development on ARM or SPARC processors
* RTOS for embedded platforms
* Knowledge of encryption algorithms
* Unix-based operating systems, SE Linux and methods for security operating systems
We look for outstanding technical people, creative and analytical thinkers, decisions makers, influencers and excellent communicators. Join us today.