Nigel Frank International
£40,000 - £750,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are going through a period of growth, and are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to work on cutting edge cloud solutions.
The role will encompass the development and maintenance of server infrastructure across a wide range of software components, environments, and technologies.
This is an amazingopportunity, the right candidate must have a strong understanding and interest in cloud infrastructure and highly available production systems. Technical training on AWS/Cloud technologies and other key areas will be provided as necessary.
* Server, application, and network configuration, and administration
* Maintaining, monitoring, and alert management of our existing services
* Build automation and continuous delivery processes
* Out of hours support
* Promote security and work with teams to adhere to them
* Management of external AWS consultants
Required skills and experience:
* Experience with AWS and CloudFormation
* Monitoring Software (Datadog preferred)
* Source Control (Git, SVN)
* Knowledge of MySQL databases (RDS, Mysql replication and storage layouts)
* Practical experience for No-SQL databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
* Container/Virtualisation (ECS, Docker)
* Keen interest in DevOps and Infrastructure
* Familiarity with cloud technologies and providers
* Experience with networking, highly available, and high traffic systems
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
Optional skills and experience:
* Experience working with configuration management and deployment tools across the full project lifecycle
* Linux installation, configuration and hands-on system administration skills
* Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
* AWS certifications
* 4 years or more commercial development
* Agile Environment Experience