|Listed on:||4th March|
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we've been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Working within the Corporate IT Services team we are responsible for supporting our Global Legal, Compliance, Risk, Facilities business partners, to name just a few, delivering business process change, adopting new technologies and providing operational support on an ongoing basis.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Agile Analysts are core members of the Capability aligned delivery team, responsible for contributing to all aspects of the analysis, design, development, building and testing of solutions. Whilst the Agile Analyst's core contribution will be leading the analysis and design aspects of software development, they also contribute to development and testing activities. Reporting to their Capability Lead, they are ultimately responsible for managing their own work, estimating its complexity and size, determining technical design (within architectural guidelines) and contributing to the continuous improvement of the team.
• Support Capability [Product] Owners and Epic Owners/ Analysts to ensure that features and stories to be delivered by the Capability team are suitably well defined and structured
• Responsible for leading analysis tasks which contribute to the delivery of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
• Responsible for contributing to the analysis, development, build and testing of working software required by the Capability [Product] Owner
• Accountable for ensuring user stories are delivered to the ‘working system' definition of done within agreed sprint
• Working with colleagues from other agile teams and shared service teams to both communicate and accept dependencies
• Supporting the System Team in readiness for the System Demo
• Participate enthusiastically and effectively in Schroders Agile ceremonies
• Ensuring continued improvement through conducting regular retrospective reviews and executing high priority actions that emerge
• Supporting other team members to improve their analysis skills where it is their non-core specialism
General and Technical Skills:
• Knowledge and experience of developing technology solutions, both in house developed bespoke applications and commercially available off the shelf solutions
• Excellent understanding of the business context of the change agenda
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
• Ability to produce and communicate effective and insightful thought leadership on technical and business topics
• Knowledge and experience of using Agile methodologies e.g. SAFe, SCRUM, Kanban
• Knowledge of SQL and Middleware would be beneficial
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken