Senior Data Science Manager - Applied Sciences
Lloyds Banking Group
£70950 - £94600
Lloyds Banking Group
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital bank and biggest mobile bank with nearly 14 million active online customers across our three main brands.
We believe in supporting colleagues to achieve their potential - delivering the best outcomes for customers and society. And our scale enables us to offer genuine opportunities to have a fulfilling career - whatever your ambitions.
We're investing £3bn on our future - across platforms, people and data capabilities to truly become the best bank for customers, with unparalleled growth into areas such as AI, Data Science and Robotics.
So why join our Applied Sciences Team?
* You'll play a pivotal role in realising our digital and data potential and creating the Bank of the Future.
* You'll help rapidly transform our capabilities and be a key player in the our further digitisation using latest emerging technologies and services.
And in joining as a Senior Manager in the Applied Science team you'll find yourself:
* Leading a fascinating group of pathfinders and trailblazers at the hub of this ground-breaking agenda.
* Building and nurturing teams of Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to allow us to achieve our shared potential.
* Delivering models across the full reach of LBG - from predicting fraudulent transactions to identifying which of our customers may fall into financial difficulty and need a helping hand.
Your models will have a material impact on the lives of up to 30m+ customers across the whole of the UK - and together we'll make it possible...
Are you who we're looking for?
We're keen to speak to established industry-experienced Data Scientists and Software Developers - ideally with an appreciation for Machine Learning - with skills including:
* A real passion for developing and empowering teammates while providing strong leadership through shared experience and emotional intelligence.
* A strong theoretical and applied knowledge of Statistical Modelling and/or Machine Learning techniques such as Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Random Forests, Neural Networks, Bayesian Networks, Clustering, NLP and Time Series Forecasting.
* Experience of implementing and supporting Machine Learning models including automating model retraining and model monitoring.
* Expert-level Python skills, good SQL and ideally version control, unit testing and standard software development methodologies.
* A pragmatic, "keep it simple" attitude to your work and designs.
* A strong communication "toolkit" enables you to communicate to technical/non-technical audiences.
Any wider skills you have with pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, MLLib, Keras etc. would also be really useful...
And how will we challenge you?
* You'll have the opportunity to partner across our various businesses to understand and work their complex problems through to solutions.
* You'd also work hand-in-glove with Cognitive and Software Engineering colleagues to deliver your models to a number of high profile projects.
* And you'll get exposure to a host of wider technologies and career moves by broadening your horizons and giving you opportunities to stretch yourself.
What you'd get in return:
Offering you both funding and profile - we'll provide you with a diverse, energising and informal environment that focuses on equal opportunity and real career progression.
We'll take your personal and professional development very seriously and enable you to make a difference to millions throughout your career with us.
We'll also give you a broad remuneration package which includes:
* A salary range of c£74,950 to c£94,600 depending on skills, experience and current package
* A car allowance of £4700
* A performance share bonus of c20%
* A generous pension contribution
* A flex cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle
* Private health cover
* 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Various share schemes including free shares
We're a founder member of the Agile Future Forum, a group of leading UK employers supporting flexible working. We're happy to consider options other than 9-to-5 office-based work. To us "Agile working" is more than working flexibly - it's about entrusting colleagues to think creatively about how, when and where they work, to deliver their very best.
So if you have a passion for building communities of pioneers and innovators, developing game-changing models and unlocking your potential as a leader then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...