The IT Service Desk is the central point of contact for all IT related incidents and service requests.
The Systems and Development Technician is responsible for resolving Incidents as well as meeting customer satisfaction and continuous service delivery demands. IT staff work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment which provides services via an online Service Management system. Planning and organisation are both key requirements and you will be able to think outside of the box.
Duties & responsibilities
- Diagnose and resolve software and hardware incidents, including operating systems and across a range of software applications.
- To assist all our users with any logged IT related incident when called upon.
- To take ownership of issues by carrying out problem analysis to implement workarounds with the aim of restoring service to the customer as soon as possible.
- Escalating incidents to other support teams / management where necessary.
- To accurately record, update and document Incident and Requests using the IT Service Desk application.
- To install and configure new IT equipment.
- To resolve incidents and upgrade different types of software and hardware .
- To resolve incidents with printers, copiers and scanners.
- To maintain a first class level of customer service at all times.
- Ensuring that known issues and workarounds are documented and kept up to date to ensure that incidents can be resolved quickly and easily.
- Ensuring that relevant Compliance and IT Security requirements are met and considered at all times, such as PCI.
- Actively engaging and representing the team when working on company projects.
- Procurement of IT hardware and software when required.
- Actively support the SIP telephone system with changes as required.
- Ensure that any issues that cannot be rectified internally are logged with external support companies and followed through to a resolution.
- Flexible to rota out of hours' service requests.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills (telephone and written)
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Sound judgment
- A full clean driving license with access to a car would be preferred due to the location and needs of this role
- Documented working experience with Microsoft Windows Environments, including Microsoft SQL, Exchange, IIS and other applications.
- Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Windows (7, 8, 10) installation, support and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008,2012) installation, support and troubleshooting
- Microsoft Exchange (2010, 2013) support and troubleshooting
- Active Directory and file / folder level permissions
- SQL Server (2008, 2012) administration (basic level)
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DNS / DHCP)
- VOIP telephony systems; system development
- Virtualisation technology (Hyper-V, vmWare)
- Knowledge of WatchGuard firewalls would be advantageous
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience with a Service Management Framework (ITIL, COBIT etc.)
- MCSA / MCSE would be desirable
- Proven experience in a similar role, within a similar industry or related field with experience in technical role and/or an equivalent combination of training and experience. 3 years of management experience
What we offer...
- Competitive salary
- Annual/Quarterly Bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 23 days holiday (rising to 28 following 5 years' service)
- Birthdays off
- Wedding/Civil Partnership Leave
- Perkbox Benefits
- Reporting to:
- Job Title: Permanent
- Working hours: 35hrs per week on a rotating shift pattern which covers 7.30am to 9.30pm and working weekends of 9.00am to 6.00pm